what do you guys think of quiet people?

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 07:49 pm
I'm kind of one of them..I'm really curious

FBM

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 07:53 pm
@wanttoknow2,
There should be more of them, in my opinioin. Most people I know talk even when they don't have anything to say.
neologist

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 09:25 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Quote:
Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.(Proverbs 17:28)
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 12:47 am
@wanttoknow2,
Do you consider yourself to be shy? Do you consider yourself to be anti-social?
Roberta

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:22 am
I doubt that all quiet people are quiet for the same reasons. So I don't have an opinion about quiet people. I have an opinion about each one I meet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:35 am
@FBM,
Some people, perhaps because they are in their hearts, lonely, talk because the silence is a burden to them, and a reminder of their loneliness.
FBM

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:44 am
@Setanta,
True that. I don't hold that against them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 07:47 am
@wanttoknow2,
I have both a quieter daughter and a louder daughter so I see both.

To me most people considered quiet are such because they are thinkers --- they tend to think through something rather than just jump into it and shout out their thoughts. They tend to be better listeners. Rather than yap -- they get things done; they tend to brag less and accomplish more as a result.

There is nothing that says because are quiet, they lack confidence, are shy or anti-social, are not good public speakers, etc.

My daughter takes drama and gets As in it. She has been on stage and speaks loud and clearly when on stage or giving presentations.

Recently her sports team in high school was required to do a fund raiser -- the goal was to sell a certain number of these fund raising items by the end of the weekend. Only her and another what you would classify a quiet girl met that goal -- this was not to family -- she went to youth games and approached parents as well as went around the neighborhood. Doesn't sound like someone shy or anti-social.

She is just that - quiet. I define her quietness as a quiet confidence.
0 Replies

Nova Flare Q

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 10:41 am
If you are talking about people who almost don't speak at all, you may wish to look into the autism spectrum.

Of course, the previous posts apply as well.
0 Replies

wanttoknow2

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 02:07 pm
@Real Music,
yeah well I am shy..
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 03:52 pm
@wanttoknow2,
Quiet and shy are OK. We ALL don't have to be Type A personalities. I like deep thinkers and people who take their time to respond in a conversations.

Maudlin, sneaky, disdainful, sad, withdrawn all need therapy.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 09:07 pm
@wanttoknow2,
I don't have any issues with quiet people. I do prefer being around people that I can engage into a conversation. I do prefer being around people I can joke around with. People are generally shy because they lack confidence. Many years ago when I was much younger I was somewhat a shy person. I grew over the years and developed confidence. Now, I can comfortably talk to just about anyone in various environments with no problem.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2015 11:21 pm
I don't think that quiet people are necessarily shy. Nor do I think they're especially intelligent (thinkers) or socially inept.

If you asked most members of my family, they would tell you that I'm quiet. If you asked my friends, they would all say that I'm anything but quiet.

Why the difference? Members of my family rarely talked about anything that interested me. And my interests were of no interest to them.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » what do you guys think of quiet people?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 06:18:52