Unnecessary choice revisited

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 12:28 pm
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=atheist+vs+theist+arguments

Based on reasoning limited to present dualistic humanoid capability, For instance the apodictical existential pantheist maintains She isn't transcendental but a perfectly natural phenom; that She can't have created the Universe out of nothing 'cause that idea is full of contradiction, paradox, holes

Says the typical dualist: She/He/It either is or isn't

Much more logical She is It; that is, the Universe is Her body and all the activity therein Her thinking; the limitation to which I refer above rejecting this notion, Her existence or not depending on your definition

... with Creation unnecessary if She has existed forever

Thus when you pray, it's She talking to Herself, any fortunate consequences Her (your) reasoning capability finding a solution

Forgive if I bore you to death
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 343 • Replies: 10

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 02:05 pm
You don't bore me, Dale, in fact I want some of whatever it is you are smoking.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 02:51 pm
On the other hand, I have no idea what you just said, Dale.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 03:18 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
You don't bore me, Dale,
Why, thank you Tes, it's not everyday....

Quote:
in fact I want some of whatever it is you are smoking.
Or drinking. I do favor exotic imported brews
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 03:21 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
no idea what you just said
Golly Jane, sorry. Can you replay an assertion that seems especially foggy and I'll attempt to clarify
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 04:44 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
She can't have created the Universe out of nothing 'cause that idea is full of contradiction, paradox, holes

I think the idea that a deity created the universe out of "something" is shot full of an equal number of paradoxes, holes etc (if not more), not least of which is that if the universe was created out of something, then that previous something was already the universe.

I have a lot of time for the Sea of Faith network, which contains a number of Church of England ("Episcopalian") priests, Quakers, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, etc, and which holds that God is a human creation.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 05:04 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
I think the idea that a deity created the universe out of "something" is shot full of an equal number of paradoxes
No, yes, sorry Tes, but we don't suppose She created it out of something; we simply assume She did't create It (Herself) at all, but that He/She/It had always existed

Quote:
...Sea of Faith network....Muslims, Jews, Catholics, etc, and which holds that God is a human creation
A lot of truth to that where She is supposed some kind of Being looking down on us and rewarding or punishing us on the basis of so many humanoid rules
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 08:16 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Tes yeux noirs wrote:
You don't bore me, Dale, in fact I want some of whatever it is you are smoking.
Dale is our brew guru. I thought you knew. . . Very Happy
dalehileman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 11:43 am
@neologist,
Thank you Neo, you flatter me. But do try Lagunitas Brown Shugga'. Kinda ugly name suggests excessive malt; but surprise, it's delicious, maybe 8.8
neologist

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 12:56 pm
@dalehileman,
Why would anyone thumb down a perfectly good suggestion? I thumbed it back up. Very Happy
dalehileman

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 02:07 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
perfectly good suggestion
If it was one of mine, why, thanks again Neo
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unnecessary choice revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:22:53