The Jerry Lee Lewis collections

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2004 09:04 pm
Bear Mountain Family has been outdoing the Time-Life collectios of music. My latest acquisition is the 8 CD set of all the Sun recordings of the frantic Mr. Lewis, even the false starts and never released. The disks look like little Sun records. Running down the list of songs on disk 1, I saw The Marine Corps Hymn on track #14. Put it on, slightly nervous. What could Mr. Great Balls of Fire do with that? Turns out it's an instrumental, a mellow boogie-woogie that you've gotta listen close to recognize the melody. I was dazzled by Jerry's early hits and I am still a fan. Many of these songs I bought starting back in 1958, even a 78rpm of Great Balls of Fire. They are moldering in a great cabinet I built for them. Some, like Big Blon' Baby, are too warped to play. Others are too scratchy, and several favorites were lost along the way. Now I've got hours of catching up. Ya'll excuse me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 604 • Replies: 1
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2004 09:03 am
Bear Mountain also has Jerry's Mercury recordings, which would encompass much of his country/western career.

I have a Bear Mountain collection of Harry Belafonte's earliest recordings, too.

Once I've recovered from the cost, I plan to go back for more.
0 Replies