What are the subjects and verbs of this sentence?

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 03:27 pm
I need help with correctly identifying the subjects and verbs of this sentence. Any answers are greatly appreciated! Smile

Both monkeys and bears were featured in the film.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,256 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 04:30 pm
@rwilson55,
do you have a text book? or any printouts from your teacher? a computer?

I don't mind helping, usually, but this is basic, and you need to read up about it, especially since your first sentence is well worded. Are you kidding us?
rwilson55

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:16 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm really sorry to have wasted your time. I do know what subjects and verbs are, but I just want to make sure my answers are correct for the homework I have to turn in. Is the subject "both"? Or is it "monkeys and bears"?
0 Replies

rwilson55

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:42 pm
@ossobuco,
My apologies once again! After looking over the sentence again, I realized that the subjects are "monkeys and bears" and the verb is "were featured". I'm sorry, I only realized now that "both" and "and" were conjunctions in the sentence. I just wasn't looking well, I suppose, because usually these problems are easy for me to solve! Again, I apologize and thank you for your time! Smile
0 Replies