I LOVE This Woman!

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2015 05:14 am
Quote:
It's not been half a year since Raven-Symoné joined The View, but she's barely managed to make it through a couple of weeks without causing controversy. There was the time she blamed the student in the Spring Valley High School police brutality incident. There was the time she declared she wouldn't hire a person named "Watermelondrea." Her streak of saying incredibly controversial things even led to a petition to have her fired that, as of Friday, has over 136,000 signatures.

Then, on Friday, the star of ABC's chat show ate a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich on-air.

All this @ChickfilA biscuit is missing is a candle for our birthday girl, Whoopi Goldberg! #NYCCFA pic.twitter.com/PtR2IFTczC

The chicken sandwich fast-food joint has been a lightning rod for controversy over the past few years after its donations to anti-gay groups made news in 2012. Raven-Symoné has said she dates women, though she has been somewhat notoriously resistant to the term "lesbian" in the past.

Seeing Raven-Symoné eat Chick-fil-A on daytime TV in the same week that she was named to Out magazine's Out 100 didn't sit well with some viewers of The View.

Let me get this straight: @ravensymone is all about LGBT rights and equality... ...sure was eating the hell out of that Chik-fil-a #TheView

Despite viewer frustrations, ABC has remained resistant to calls to fire Raven-Symoné. "We love Raven," the network told the media in a statement in response to the petition. "She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel."

The company's actually not wrong. Raven-Symoné shouldn't be fired. Silencing a voice, no matter how controversial it is, isn't the answer. The answer is to add another voice to actually, directly converse with hers — something that The View used to do quite well.

http://news.yahoo.com/raven-symon-ate-chick-fil-200526000.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 434 • Replies: 0
No top replies

1. Forums
  2. » I LOVE This Woman!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:36:51