The Food Intake Minders are at it AGAIN

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2015 08:40 pm
Quote:
You may have just learned that processed meat such as bacon, sausage and ham may cause cancer and unprocessed meat may be "probably carcinogenic to humans," according to a new World Health Organization report. Or that cheese and sugar can be as addictive as a drug. Or that even veggie hot dogs may not be completely meat-free (or even human tissue-free), we recently learned.

So what in the world is there left to eat so you can stay healthy?

Doctors say it's easy: Eat more like a Greek. Yes, your parents were right to push you to finish your veggies. The Mediterranean diet -- one heavy on veggies, nuts and fruit, with limits on meat and dairy -- is the way to go. Study after study has shown it is the key to help you live longer and puts you at a lower risk for cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It even keeps your brain younger and healthier. And while you will feel better and potentially live longer on a diet that favors veggies and fruits, it will also help you maintain a healthy weight and a thinner waist line, which is good for your overall health, self-esteem and mental well-being too.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/health/meat-causes-cancer-food-alternatives/

1) I am not taking Who's word for if the sun is out so I am certainly not taking their word here

2) let me know only after the elite can agree on this for ten years, there has been far too much being completely wrong about this sort of thing for me to care much till then.

3) Even the worst case the WHO assessment is a ho-hum

4) way to do the " lets scare people with bullshit or mostly bullshit" routine

5) anyone with any say in the elite class needs to do what ever they can to put the lid on this kind of bullshit. THe little people are on to how much of the alleged very important facts that we need to mind are really the elite talking out their ass because they want to look important and in control, because they like to bully the little people around. .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 323 • Replies: 2
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 11:57 am
@hawkeye10,
This is really OOOLLLDD News. Weve known this for 50 years.
I used to work in a market chain as a sausage maker (my really best was a smoked and doublke smoked kielbas
We would mix the meat according to the WURSTMEISTER'S recipes and mine was from my Ukraine Jadek.

SOdium Nitrite and nitrate salts re added in a curing mix called "Prague Curing Mix" It ws a mix of salt, Na nitrite nd nitrate. It added a flavor note, kept the meat from turning gray , and was a bacteriostat.
Id then smoke the kielbasi nd then take half, and rinse it in a molasses brine and then smoke it again. The double smoked was expensive and I made a fortune at this mix cause the market chain I worked for (it was near Trenton NJ where I was a grad student), would brek out the ad campaign for its special seasonal kielbasis for the various Christmases and Easters.
The Eatern European/Russian/ and German Catholics loved this baloney.

I would also make a kabernozy and a krakoska. All these were pink, smoky and loaded with Nitrates and nitrites.
The products went all to the dumper when the first Nitrate scare (around 1972) occured . I was on my way to being a "non sausage making guy" and hadda quit and take up academics.

I loved making sausage even with the cancer scares. We seem to ressurect this stuff every few years.

How many times has milkk ben on the dangerous substance list, or salt.??

Relax, enjoy a Slim Jim
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2015 12:51 pm
All of those oxygen atoms, e.g. O2, O3, aren't very good for the cells, I would think.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Food Intake Minders are at it AGAIN
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:17:18