Great idea

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2015 03:00 pm
…or am I all wet? Fellow inventors, I do find it hard to believe this simple idea hasn't already been put into effect across the board

Open Letter to the Watering Industry through Victorville, Ca Daily Press: While I realize it’s not the sort of thing one usually sees here in LetEd, owing to new watering regulations I felt I ought to propose a new sort of water timer—and as an erstwhile inventor, offer this idea free

Now that it’s necessary to irrigate at night, many of us who formerly watered some stations by hand or used a manual timer are rushing out to buy a battery unit. However the occasional freeze that we experience places a new restriction on the use of a timer: Day before the expected freeze we have to disconnect it from the faucet

My new timer would sense temperature, briefly opening the valve every time it senses a imminent freeze where crystals might begin forming to interfere with the mechanism. When its temp has reached a reasonable value it of course shuts off. The time required for each flow minuscule and so I’d plead with Authority not to forbid it as a wasting of our precious resource but instead as an encouragement to water at night

Naturally there are a few as yet unanswered questions: For instance would it be better instead of opening the valve full blast, redesign it so that the internal logic can set it to just a trickle, discouraging ice buildup in any connected tubing. Guys hear me: Go to it, you’ll sell tens of millions of ‘em!

Well, at least I’ll buy a few.

Thanks for reading and eager to hear from ya
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 416 • Replies: 0
No top replies