atheist without justification

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 02:25 pm
just wondering why so many atheist cling to evolution, big bang ,or other scientific explanation to creation.

i am a temporary atheist, meaning ,
that until the controller of my life, does not go for a walk with me,
1) justifies his behavior according to the purest level of right and wrong, a human definition can achieve.
2) he identifies to me with evidence.
3) instructs me his commands, and explains, why and how to fulfill them.

or, proves to me ,he will spare me if i obey, and torture me otherwise.

i am assuming the following position,

"no one trustworthy is in control of my life and afterlife, that i can rationally react to, in a way to save myself "

why do i need to grapple with inhuman issues like creation?
if no human were witness, then humans cannot deal with it, the same way we cannot deal with what we don't know exists.

above question is geared to people who understand humans are not expected to deal with cause, in areas where cause as a condition, wasn't observed

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 828 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 07:35 pm
Sh*t like this cracks me up. What justification does anyone need to say "I don't believe that?"
think rethink

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 03:59 am
@Setanta,
Hey bro, because otherwise they won't Believe your claim
0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 04:03 am
@Setanta,
Many people view belief, as an internal position, not just something written on a t-shirt or what.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 04:13 am
I'm not your "bro." Stating what one believes or does not believe is not a claim. In fact, i'm the only who can know what i do or don't believe. Capisce?
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 12:59 pm
@think rethink,
Quote:
...if no human were witness, then humans cannot deal with it
We deal with the Big Bang, early evolution, and Gosh knows how many other sci or philo issues

Meanwhile I'd like to respond in a little more forthright way but only if you'll clarify your position a bit. I'm sure #...197 (who must remain nameless) has grasped your meaning, but at 84 I read more slowly and literally, noting your q isn't really a sentence

My most sincere apologies however if you're esl. Nonetheless clarification might be appreciated by at least a few of us
dalehileman

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 01:19 pm
@dalehileman,
Perhaps another participant, Think, who doesn't have so much yardwork on hand, will attempt a translation of your q into a form more suitable for the Average Clod (me)

Perhaps #....197

Yet Think, let me try. Yes, I could be dead wrong:

I am a temporary atheist, meaning that until the Controller of my Life goes for a walk with me,

a) justifying Her behavior according to the purest level of right and wrong that a human definition can achieve,

....1) identifying Herself to me--with conclusive evidence, and
...2) instructing me Her most pertinent commands, explaining why and how to fulfill each one; or

b) proves She will spare me if I obey, but torture me otherwise,

.....since She has not provided either of these assurances, I am naturally assuming She cannot be relied upon. Therefore I must assume the following position: "No one trustworthy is in control of my life and afterlife, that I can rationally react to, in a way to save myself "

As to why I need to grapple with inhuman issues like creation, when Her failure to respond to my uncertainty is only more evidence of either Her untrustworthiness or an outright denial of Her existence?

Since, Think, I had spent the better part of an hour at it, I am fully responsible for any and all typos which I am unable to address because 1) a2k software has shut me down for taking so long, 2) my BH is calling me for lunch, or 3) yardwork calls even louder
najmelliw

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 01:43 pm
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

just wondering why so many atheist cling to evolution, big bang ,or other scientific explanation to creation.

i am a temporary atheist, meaning ,
that until the controller of my life, does not go for a walk with me,
1) justifies his behavior according to the purest level of right and wrong, a human definition can achieve.
2) he identifies to me with evidence.
3) instructs me his commands, and explains, why and how to fulfill them.

or, proves to me ,he will spare me if i obey, and torture me otherwise.

i am assuming the following position,

"no one trustworthy is in control of my life and afterlife, that i can rationally react to, in a way to save myself "

why do i need to grapple with inhuman issues like creation?
if no human were witness, then humans cannot deal with it, the same way we cannot deal with what we don't know exists.

above question is geared to people who understand humans are not expected to deal with cause, in areas where cause as a condition, wasn't observed

So in short:
- You ask a question(why do atheists cling to scientific explanations of creation?),
- then go of on a tangent which no atheist would ever even consider (how do you say you are an atheist until a 'controller' appears and explain him/her/itself? That would make you more of an agnost than an atheist.
- and then come back and answer your own question: You might not be bothered thinking about creation, or where we come from, but apparently, other atheists are interested in knowing more about it.

But you are not like all the other ones. You are a 'temporary' atheist. As soon as the controller comes down to you, shows evidence of his existence, justifies all his actions to you, and explains how you should live, you'll stop being an atheist. How convenient.

think rethink

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 06:23 pm
@dalehileman,
hi sweety, i owe you on this one .
with sincere appreciation,
rethink
think rethink

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 06:27 pm
@najmelliw,
loved it brother, every bit of it,
thank you so much
0 Replies