first language, a core os component, 2nd, an add on app

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:50 am
politely asking for your delayed opinion please (mine was delayed and rehearsed as well),
thank you so much.

Was just amazed by the following observation,

for most people, even the very intelligent ones. learning a 2nd language the natural way, takes immense awareness, focus, concentration, all of which, a toddler does not possess,

On top of that, for way too many, the second language takes much more time to master, then the first.

What is possibly happening, is that toddlers, who later have a low iq, with limited intelligence etc,
Have mastered the very same language,
which The intelligent, refined, powerful, clever, smart, super iq mind, needed triple the resources, energy, repetition, to master the very same, as a 2nd language.

This may further suggest, that the less intelligent mind was dumbed down in its education,

bring him back his original white canvas by removing the operating system others have installed in him, and he will be potentially Einstein, once more.

Above goes with the theory, we don't utilize most of our minds, potential processing power, Which if true, provokes the question, is it the conditions surrounding the minds, influencing it, to developed a few percent more in the smart person Then in the less intelligent person?
(the "dumb" person, having been discouraged and interfered with, vs the smart one, simply had more space to operate)

to illustrate, if we both have available, a gallon of water, and you are utilizing 2 oz, while i am only using 1 oz,
wouldn't it be more accurate to phrase your superiority, by saying you are less lazy etc, rather than claiming, you own a greater amount of liquid?

My point with all of the above,
That suffocating education, might destroy the brains ability.

With Suffocating education,I refer, to those educators, who assume they have it all figured out, what ideas views beliefs and data, the child Needs to succeed, it's only a matter of transferring and pushing that data into the brain of child.

What might actually take place, is that since much of the info is false (no one i ever met myself included, did any homework in adulthood with his "own mind",
1 on "all the facts", mom presented him with, before he was able to judge them, and was forced to embrace them as truth),

when the child will get stuck in a dead end, by applying false tools, to a true reality.
It will backfire, poison the idea of the person, he can utilize his mind to deal with his environment, destroy his confidence, and weaken his mental capabilities severely.

On top of that, the aspect of experience in reality, differs greatly from person to person.

For example,
The dry fact that the room is illuminated, is universally true. How that light is experienced (the true experience), is unique, to each individual
(The emotion, stimulation, it triggers, what this light associates with, and represents, the areas and types of energies, it releases and accelerates).

therefore, your true experience, is my false experience.

to illustrate,
the 2 of us sharing the very same cup of coffee, both of us using the very same language to describe and express our inner perception and reaction to it,

to the bystander, still faithfully complying to our educators indirect commands, to embrace, the superficial seeming display, of identical events in the two of us, as the entire story,
i got , not much to say.

but to those respecting, how the chemical/physical makeup, the effect of prior life experience, and some of the other 94 major factors, contributing to the unique form of perception, processing and reaction,
impact, and shape, one's unique ability ,to experience his life.

to those aware of the inevitable diversity of above factors in different human beings.

the remote possibility, that a lot what hazelnut flavor triggers in you today, dark roasted original triggered in me the other week, is just as possible as the chance, that in my entire life, that very same kind of coffee we share today, never resulted in what you experience, and therefore i am clueless to what you are drinking where it really matters.

Now, when child is forced to buy into the claim, his educators, "know" the above, better then the child himself,
Child will suppress, and disable, his creativity, and truthful perspectives himself, so it does not interfere and compete, with emotions of educators.

i am looking at the first language, as part of the operating system, where the dumbing down cannot execute with full effect, without windows being fully installed already (you need a functional pc, to be able to damage the pc with virus infection),

so since a child masters that language "while windows installs", there isn't sufficient damage yet, to infect, and slow down the naturally powerful brain.

let's look at the additional language as an optional add on software to an already completely activated and severely infected os,

to recap, a lot of child's natural creativity and exploration capabilities, which existed in abundance ,while mastering first language, is now effectively extinct .

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 10:58 am
You are bubbling a lot of nonsense here.

Every child who learns a second or multiple languages, does so differently than an adult as it involves different parts of the brain. It's easy for children to absorb several languages and their capabilities to excel in later years is far greater than a child who by comparison has only learned its mother tongue.
think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:19 am
@CalamityJane,
hey brother,
Quote:
Every child who learns a second or multiple languages, does so differently than an adult as it involves different parts of the brain. It's easy for children to absorb several languages and their capabilities to excel in later years is far greater than a child who by comparison has only learned its mother tongue.

all that, is incredibly supportive to my view,
leaving
Quote:
You are bubbling a lot of nonsense here.

without any backing evidence or even theory

0 Replies

think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:21 am
@CalamityJane,
also,
your teacher's opinion i know.

longing for "yours"
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:36 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Every child who learns a second or multiple languages, does so differently than an adult as it involves different parts of the brain.

I have heard it said that practically nobody who starts learning Basque when they are more than two years old will attain complete fluency.
think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 11:39 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
good,
now let's look for a reason
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:37 pm
@think rethink,
Do you speak a second language?
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Do you speak a second language?

Moi, je pense que non.
think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 12:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
2 fluently and some more partly
english is not my first language, did not hang around english speakers until 19, begun learning it on my own at age 16+ through novels and radio, still never took a class.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 01:07 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Moi, je pense que tu as tort.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 01:09 pm
@think rethink,
Neither is it mine (English).

So, what was your original question again?
think rethink

Reply Sat 17 Oct, 2015 02:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
hi,
the question is, how you would "delay react", to my original post,

that post speculates, that varying ability to learn language, at various stages in life, might demonstrate, a suffocation Aspect happening to us when educated with finished facts, rather than flexible views, with encouragement to child, to explore their own meaning in the info, how they uniquely experience the data

above includes representing your data the you should have had them labeled,

don't label your assumptions and conclusions as "the universal fact", don't label theoretical belief, as conclusion.

it also includes, notifying them that some dispute your view, and also allowing them space to develop their own experience in it.

example, hockey is a dumb lousy sport,
that's suffocating your child.
a productive way to express that would be,
I find hockey dumb and wasteful, others enjoy it though.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 02:13 am
There is something very wrong in your idea.
A native speaker starts with a few words when around 1 year old and can handle his/hers language very well when around 15.
Many of different reasons will never be able to write a good language, nor speak well, nor being able to express themselves.
A non native speaker of course can learn to speak a new language faster depending on the age they start. Depending on their ability for languages of course they can speak, read and express themselves better than a native speaker. A translater of fine litterature can of course understand a foreign langeage better than a native speaker who never reads nor have any interest in refining his/hers own language.
think rethink

Reply Sun 18 Oct, 2015 04:07 am
@saab,
Thank you very much
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » first language, a core os component, 2nd, an add on app
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:28:39