bruce13

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 10:20 am
Are brokers fees a flat fee, regardless of size, cost or type of product?

Bruce
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 886 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2004 11:25 am
bruce13, Welcome to A2K. Broker's fees can vary from one financial institution to another. Not all fees are apparent on the surface, so you must be aware of what the broker charges, but the fees buried in the funds you purchase. The following link will provide some limited information that should be helpful. http://www.techuncovered.com/ch37.html
What you need to consider when investing is not only the fees charged, but the performance of the funds or institution. If you're a beginner in investing, do your homework and learn all the necessary tools of long-term investing, and stay away from day-trades. Some of the principles to follow are 1) always diversify your investments between cash, bonds, and equities, 2) invest for the long-term, 3) allow for more risk when young, and 4) rebalance your investments regularly to meet your investment goals. One of my favorite investment company is Vanguard, because their fees is one of the lowest, and their performance above average. Be your own investment manager; paying somebody else the most responsible area of your life doesn't make sense.
0 Replies

bruce13

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:02 pm
I sorry i wsn't more specific, I was interest in customs brokers and frieght forwarders. Do they charge by the size of the shipment, the price, or is it a flat fee?

Thanks,

Bruce
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 4 Aug, 2004 10:08 pm
Usually a flat fee for customs brokers, and freight forwarders just take the cut they can get away with when consolidating quotes for you.
0 Replies