Ebay Auction Stores?

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:51 pm
I have heard that there are now retail storefronts of Ebay auction stores, that is, physical retail storefronts in some cities.

What do you know about them? How do they operate? Are they officially-sanctioned Ebay stores or just independent people running the auction shipping and merchandising stores?

How does one open such a store? Do you have a link to that type of info?

Thanks very much!

General Tsao
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,100 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 10:39 pm
No retailing on eBay is run by eBay, it's just an advanced seller option.
0 Replies

zrock

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2004 06:36 pm
Re: Ebay Auction Stores?
GeneralTsao wrote:
I have heard that there are now retail storefronts of Ebay auction stores, that is, physical retail storefronts in some cities.

there have been recent stories in the news regarding storefronts - these are ebay members using the "trading assistant" program of ebay to set up third party storefronts in which someone who wants to sell an item or lots of items simply takes it to the "drop off location" - the third party does all the "auction work" on ebay and pays the owner of the items the proceeds (less ebay fees and seller percentage, which is often 25-30% of the gross sale)

search ebay for trading assistants to get more info or to find trading assistants by zip code, etc. for more details regarding how the program works and how ebay members are using it.
0 Replies