Why Don't Politicians Know That We ALL Know They are Full Of ****?

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2015 05:56 pm
The South Carolina Gov says that they are going through a "1000 year storm" , because "100 year storm" has been overused and is no longer grand enough for the occasion. This is all about trying to explain why things don't work that should work, don't work because government sucks.

The question is this: Just how stupid do politicians think that we the little people are?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 247 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2015 02:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Slate strikes again

Quote:
Much of South Carolina remains at a standstill on Monday as one of the worst flooding events in U.S. history continues to unfold. Truly stupendous amounts of rain have fallen, and state officials estimate that more than half of South Carolina is currently underwater

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/10/05/south_carolina_floods_hit_charleston_and_columbia_hard.html

Actually the claim is that over half the state is experiencing flooding, which is not close to Slates reporting that over half is underwater.

Quote:
Holthaus says that his decision to stop flying was prompted by news of the latest Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report that found 95% confidence human-emitted greenhouse gases are responsible for most of the Earth's warming since 1951. It's certainly a disturbing report.

"Without jumping up and down on the desks of their computer terminals, this forum of scientists has done about as much as they can do," Holthaus wrote for Quartz. "With this report, they have proven humankind’s impact on the climate, and confidently projected dire consequences should world governments fail to act immediately."

Finally, Holthaus also gave an interview to Eric Berger of the Houston Chronicle about his decision, which you can read here. As Holthaus tells Berger, his experience as a meteorologist during events like Hurricane Sandy convinced him of the dangers of climate change.

"I’m considered an expert in my field," he says. "I have to do something big, right now."

http://www.businessinsider.com/meterologist-eric-holthaus-quits-air-travel-2013-9

I would be interested to know what university this guy took his degree from. And what degree he has.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why Don't Politicians Know That We ALL Know They are Full Of Shit?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 02:36:34