Forums: any use?

Evgenia

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:15 am
I've been thinking about the role of forums on websites. Do they contribute to anything? What website developers aim at most often when they make a forum? Can it function as a marketing tool?
I work in a software development company and I've come up with the idea of making a forum at our website. But I'm not really sure if it's worth the efforts and time. Can anyone share his/her experience on this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 02:42 pm
Forums such as this are pretty much useless as a marketing tool. People on forums do not want to be bombarded with marketers looking to peddle their goods. A2K seems to do a fine job of pulling posts from anyone trying to do that.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:03 pm
Re: Forums: any use?
Evgenia wrote:
Can it function as a marketing tool?

Yes, and a very effective one if done correctly.

Quote:

I work in a software development company and I've come up with the idea of making a forum at our website. But I'm not really sure if it's worth the efforts and time.

If you can get enough inertia to get it self-sustaining it may be worth it, if not, it won't. And a dead forum is a eye-sore for marketing purposes.
0 Replies