i have a book and need a publisher

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2004 03:10 am
i write a book about love in persian literature and need a publisher . i
don't know how much is a writer usually paid for a
book .i am persian i write it in persian and my friend translate it to english so i need an english publisher
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 727 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Charli

Reply Sat 24 Jul, 2004 08:58 pm
Welcome to A2K!
Welcome to A2K!

Is there a market for your book? How many buyers can the publisher plan on? It costs them a lot of money to publish a book.

You have to look for publishers who have published books in your genre. Then, send them a letter requesting their guidelines. Once you have followed those - that is, have the manuscript in the form acceptable to them - write them a letter including an abstract of your book.

Search the Internet for publishers in your field. Also, search for web sites with information about how to publish. There are publishers who publish books for a fee: You pay them.

Good luck and keep writing!
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:16 am
I have published 2 novels with Xlibris, a print-on-demand publisher. They will charge you a reasonable amount for doing your book, in exchange for which you will be listed on Amazon and Barnes and Noble web sites plus of course you will have a book published. Check out the company at Xlibris.com. I have had very good experiences with them and have a 3rd novel coming out from Xlibris next year.
0 Replies