Gillette's new M3 Power razor: The dumbest a man can get

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 11:49 am
http://gillettemach3.com/home_f.asp

Now you need to buy a battery for your f*cking razor? Yes, it's true, they have put a little motor inside the razor, that sends "micro-pulses" out that supposedly raise the hairs up so that they can be cut easier.

On the site, they have a link that actually gives instructions on how to use the damn thing! Maybe I'm losing it, but if you need directions on how to use a razor, you should just take the blades out and use them to slit your throat.

Why don't they make the handle thicker and make it a combination razor/vibrator so you can shave and then pleasure your girlfriend afterwards? Now that I might try!

I use the old version of the Mach 3. What do you use to shave? Would you buy this new ultra-techno, bells-and-whistles power razor?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,926 • Replies: 35
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:01 pm
I use that new Gillette razor that every man in America got in the mail for free. As long as it gets the hair off my face I don't care what is is. But I won't dish out good bucks for a gimmicky power razor!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:02 pm
I use a regular mach three myself...works real well....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:06 pm
Regular Mach 3 for me, and I have discovered that once the two blades they give you run out, it's cheaper to buy another Mach 3 razor than blade refills.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:09 pm
Oh, I would need my head replaced if I ever decided to buy a razor that not only needed refills, but batteries as well. Do you think this points to the feminization of the North American male? Now, once manly companies are trying to convince us we need crap that used to be the sole domain of chicks...I say, revolt, cuz it's revolting.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:14 pm
I saw that motorized mach-3 in the drugstore about a month ago and just shook my head.

The mach-3 is one helluva razor. Cheers to Gillette for the invention. The battery operated razor is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

And the price of blade refills is ridiculous too.

I'm guessing the blade refills are priced so high because they had to pay for the postage and manufacturing of all the free handles they shipped out throughout north america. Great promotion that was though!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:21 pm
Cav, you might have something there...could this be a metrosexual razor? Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 12:22 pm
kickycan wrote:
Cav, you might have something there...could this be a metrosexual razor? Laughing

Laughing I believe so. Remember the good old days when all you needed was a sports car, or the even older days when a horse and a pack of Marlboros would cut it with the ladies?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:06 pm
Nah, I think it'll sell.
Given the choice of doing something manually or with power, most guys will go for the gadget. Wink
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:11 pm
A vibrating razor? Well, it hasn't been on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy so it must not be as great as they want it to sound.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 01:13 pm
No-one liking the Wilkinson four blade rasor besides me?
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 05:11 pm
gillette's next razor's marketing :

' F-it we're doing 5 blades ! '
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:00 pm
I use an injection razor, and it gets more and more difficult to find blades for them. As i almost never use shaving lather, and simply "dry shave" after getting out of the shower, this is a serious problem for me. None of those disposable plastic pieces of snit work worth a damn, and one use of that type ruins the blade. Almost as bad as a woman using your razor to shave her legs . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:04 pm
and Setanta would know that, how? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 09:07 pm
I use a scissors.

Can't get a very close shave, but I'm too cheap to buy a razor.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 08:36 am
I'm always out looking for the closest shave, amigos.

And I am at the point now where I get at the root of the problem--the skin from which the hair grows.

Ah-ha!

That's right, I just rake off a layer of skin, so that now my face is one giant red scab. Guess what--I haven't had to shave in two weeks!

The best a man can get.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 09:13 am
That's nice, Gargamel. That must be hell on your scrotum though.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 09:18 am
The razor companies are cutting their own throats (pun intended); i have been using a 'Shick' three blade razor for about two months now, and it's still not blunt.

[but i am a real 'softie'! Embarrassed Rolling Eyes ]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 09:41 am
ehBeth wrote:
and Setanta would know that, how? Evil or Very Mad

I wasn't sitting bottled on a shelf for 49 years before we met, darlin' . . .
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 22 Jul, 2004 09:46 am
I rigged my microwave so it runs with the door open. Now I just stick my head in there for a good 30 minutes once a month, and I have a pretty hairless head.

Actually, my roomate has the new vibrating razor. I meant to ask him if it makes a difference. I've been using the regular MachIII...thing's awesome compared to a regular razor.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Gillette's new M3 Power razor: The dumbest a man can get
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:38:26