Chevening Leader and influencer question

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 12:18 am
Most people believe that leadership is a skill inherited or acquired at birth. However leaders are individuals can influence, motivate people around him and get followed by them. In doing so, a leader achieves his goals by putting his intentions into actions with these characteristics: vision, perseverance and dedication.
First, vision is a characteristic that every leader should have it, because with vision a leader convinces the people around him about his dreams and it gives the leader to see ahead in order to change. During my first university year I witnessed a lot of shortages both in education and school administration. Most students did not want to study because they have already bribed teachers to pass exams. In order to create corruption free school I became a member of student senate of the university and opened talks with other members about it. I persuaded them that by educating students about Bologna education system which our university implemented and organizing free pan cake and study hours in cafeteria we could solve this problem in our university. As a result, we invited Transparency Azerbaijan educators to our university to give talks about fighting against corruption. Despite we partially accomplished goal, it was a great success for me.
Another feature is perseverance that a good leader should manage to overcome difficulties might be occurred in every step. For instance: when I decided to open foreign languages training center, but I did not have a finance to start it. So many times I tried to open my school, but I failed however my passion to achieve my goal did not finish. Contrariwise my passion to open English school kept me positive. I searched ways to reach my goal. So I talked with my friend about idea and we visited many banks to persuade them about our project and finally Unibank gave us a credit and opened our Education Training Academy.
Finally, a person who owns leadership skills should dedicate himself to his work and should work hard, because dedication and hard work play a cornerstone for previous two characteristics to succeed as leader. First three months as an English teacher I could not do well in my classroom. We had only a few students, because implemented non-formal education to teach English and students had never had this experience, because they always taught with formal education. I mixed formal and non-formal education in my classroom setting. This method attracted more students every day. As a result I learned that dedication and hard work is the most important feature in my life.
To sum up, leaders are not the people to seek chances they always create chances for themselves to change their community, society and country toward good with their vision, perseverance and dedication to their work. As a young leader I believe that I have good accomplishments up to now. Although I am not satisfied with it and I am eager to move forward and acquire new methods and techniques in education so that I bring them back to my country to prepare future presidents, scholar, doctors in my country.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 10,135 • Replies: 0
No top replies