Alfred Chester overlooked--yet better than Faulkner

Duhan77

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2004 06:40 am
I know this is bound to incur the theomeny of the literary gods, but in my opinion it's true. His best work by far is "Jamie is my Hearts Desire." He somehow managed to slip the cracks--even more so than Bukowski, Amazon.com doesn't even carry most of his work, since he has become so obscure. There is something about his prose that lest me ensorcelled. Has anyone else had the honor of reading Chester? I encourage all too, it's a shame he is out in the netherworld now, which leaves me indignant and nonplused.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 895 • Replies: 6
No top replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 28 Jul, 2004 11:19 am
Chester may be a decent writer, I don't know, but your post is so full of solecisms and typos that you aren't a very good advertisement for his merits.
0 Replies

Duhan77

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:35 pm
larry richette wrote:
Chester may be a decent writer, I don't know, but your post is so full of solecisms and typos that you aren't a very good advertisement for his merits.

Does it look like i am advertising him, and there are no typos nor solecisms, but as you said you don't know me, if you have nothing of value to say don't interject your parti pris.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2004 09:41 am
I hope you can read better than you can write. There are two typos in your post, not to mention questionable word choices. And yes, you are advertising Chester--what else is
the point of this laughable thread?
0 Replies

Duhan77

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 11:42 pm
Quote:
I hope you can read better than you can write. There are two typos in your post

Wow a human makes an error, I would be surprised if you aren't a liberal

Quote:
And yes, you are advertising Chester--what else is
the point of this laughable thread?

Wow you must have went to college
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 12:03 am
Derrick, where you been my man? Don't let Larry bother you, he gets a bit cranky.
0 Replies

BigWizz

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:12 am
Behold Goliath was a fantastic short story collection. I think that they are reprinting Jamie is My Heart's Desire in mid-to-late march.
0 Replies