Any-one know about college accreditation?

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2015 07:12 pm
If a school claims to be fully accredited and displays their regional accreditation on their website ...does this mean your credits would be transferable to another school? OR does the acceptance of your credits depend on the institution you are transferring to ? AND/OR is a colleges on campus and online accreditation different or both the same?

Also, has anyone heard of PATTEN UNIVERSITY ? LIBERTY UNIVERSITY?

Thanks

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 09:10 am
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
Liberty is a Faith Baseed U, but unlike others of such a worldview,(like Notre Dame, or Brigham Young) Liberty does not teach biological sciences as a "evidence based science". Liberty , as recent as 2008 taught Creationism and Evolution as equal SCIENCE arguments and ends the program with "we will let the students decide". (many of the rest of the courses that are not science will heavily target natural science based biology as wrongheaded and will, instead be stressing the "correctness" of Creationism and ID).
Consequently, while Liberty is FULLY accredited by the SOuthern States Accreditation Commission , nothing is ever mentioned about programs that are NOT included in that accreditation.(Accreditation also means that the school that is accredited is available to receive Fed DE grants in aid for program development) Biology was NOT, accredited as far as my last dealings with this college which was in 2008, things may have changed .
Youve gotta watch and be careful about transferrability of any credits that you may count on in the natural sciences. Liberty , is, accredited for several other programs like Accounting, Business Management,all Kinds of Computer "SCience", English Lit, Civil Engineering, etc etc.
As far at Patten, Ive actually never heard of that one before . Im going to do some searching around.

0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:12 pm
@LiveLoughLaugh24,
I know Liberty University is a nono when it comes to serious degrees. Patten I am not sure about, but, hey, you could apply at Lapland University of Applied Sciences, which I know is fully accredited in Finland and the EU at large (and even in Boston).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Any-one know about college accreditation?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:38:43