The DaVinci Code

Heeven

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
I am almost finished reading this bestseller. I had hoped to wait until it was in paperback since I find it encumbering reading the larger-sized hardback copies. Anyway, I am finding it a good read so far and I wondered if any of you have read any of Dan Browns other books?
Angels & Demons
Digital Fortress
other ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,772 • Replies: 15
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
Heeven, I think you'll find some of the answers you seek on Merry Andrew's thread. (which is appropriately entitled the same as yours)

read on, sister
0 Replies

TethrynII

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:03 pm
It is a great book, until it gets to the end. It went downhill after he opened the second cryptex, and had the most anticlimactic finish I've ever read. Until that point, tho, it was amazing.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:17 pm
Thanks for the plug, Gus.

Heeven, I read Angels and Demons recently. That's the 'prequel' to DaVinci and it's avalable in p-back. In a lot of ways it's a better book than Code, but it's just as silly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:56 pm
I read Digital Fortress since I will, usually, read anything at all about Italy. I found it quite lame - not so much the construct, which was no more lame than many other concoctions of the thriller type, but the actual writing. I was thinking that Dan Brown is a smart enough fellow, writing "down".
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:56 am
I did enjoy Angels and Demons more than The DaVinci Code. I got Digital Fortress in paperback so I'm going to crack that one open soon. They may be somewhat silly but I do get some enjoyment from them.
0 Replies

BigWizz

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 03:06 pm
Digital Fortress was just awful. Dan Brown doesn't have even the most basic concepts of cryptography down.

If you are intrested, Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon was pretty good.

Meh, I'm not a fan of Dan Brown, but to each their own and all that.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 04:13 pm
Lo And Behold, santa brought me the hardcover DaVinci book...so tonight I dive in.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:13 pm
Good readin', Pan!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 08:23 pm
Tanks

http://www.christcenteredmall.com/stores/art/davinci/last-supper-zoom.jpg
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
I read Angels and Demons in 2 days-it was the first fiction novel I read since graduating from grad school 3 years ago (school kinda put me off books for a while....).

I thought it was entertaining and it prompted me to look into various things that propped up in the book.

You can't read Brown, just like you can't watch Michael Moore, without the interned and an encyclopedia nearby.

It is a fiction novel, and I thought it was entertaining. I cracked into Davinci last night....but already I don't feel it as captivating.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 03:46 pm
I haven't read the DaVinci code, but I feel like I should because it's the cool thing to do.

Is it THAT good?

I barely ever read fiction anyway.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 04:48 pm
No, Slappy, it's not THAT good. Nor is it that GOOD. If you read it in the right spirit, though, it's kind'a like watching a Perils of Pauline serial from back in the day. Or like reading a novelization of what is essentially a really nifty computer game. Sort of like Tom Clancy. Knowwhatimean? <Whew. Where'd I hide that toke?>
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 04:55 pm
Hey, isn't that a girl sitting at the table? What the..?

Joe
0 Replies

swallowed by the cracks

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:01 am
its a good novel to read in the toilet as it has very short chapters.
0 Replies

gymnast116

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:59 am
I read the DaVinci Code this summer and thought it was an amazing book.
The thing is: I am solving a quiz that has to be finished this thursday and one of the questions is about the DaVinci Code.
But I can't remember reading it in the book and the problem is: a friend is borrowing my book right now so I can't look it up either.
I hope you can be of some help

The question is: Who is named by Dan Brown as the favorite for the part of Robert Langdon in the movie?

It must be somewhere in the book, and if I'm remembering it well, it was something like a joke between the maincharacters. I thought they were saying something like :"well our story could be made into a movie, I could be...." Something like that.

I know Tom Hanks is going to play Robert Langdon but was he named in the book already by Dan Brown himself???
Can somebody please help me out before thursday! Thank you SO much
0 Replies