Amsterdam - Paris Attack

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 04:13 am
First reaction is one of huge gratitude to the US passengers who stopped the guy and prevented a bloodshed.

Second: experts say we should scan passengers in train stations like we do in airports... REALLY? What a nightmare...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 402 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 04:28 am
@Olivier5,
Not a nightmare, impossible.

First impression: I wonder if the gunman was not too bright. Killed no one, and why a train? It is hard to move, hard to get good shots, cant get off....AK47, seriously? I dont know much about guns but that seems a poor choice

In any case cool that Americans get to play hero. And one was black, that is always a plus.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 05:31 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

First reaction is one of huge gratitude to the US passengers who stopped the guy and prevented a bloodshed.

Second: experts say we should scan passengers in train stations like we do in airports... REALLY? What a nightmare...
ad 1: a UK-citizen was involved as well as a third US-Americain (Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos and the student Anthony Sadler are the names of the US-citizens, Chris Norman is the UK-citizen)
They got a medal from the town of Arras already - all the four will meet President Hollande soon as well.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2lc4m5w.jpg
Source

ad 2: we got that discussion here, when we had those incidents in trains a couple of years ago. I doubt that it will and can work
Olivier5

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2015 12:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
It's a bit confused right now who did what but in any case, very well done, brilliant, heroic and all. We need to see more of this type of things.

Send the legion etrangere pulverize ISIS in Syria, if you ask me. The more time these assholes are allowed to live and recruit, the harder it'll be to root out the cancer.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 03:56 am
@hawkeye10,
The president of the SNCF (société nationale des chemins de fer) agrees with you:

"Trains in France move 20 times more passengers than planes. You see what measures are put in place at airports? We'd need 20 times that in railway stations. It's just not possible."

He wants more cops in trains and 'random' passenger searches.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2015 11:50 pm
@Olivier5,
The Briton and the three Americans are to be awarded the Légion d’honneur by president Hollande today for their roles in stopping the suspected terrorist attack.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Amsterdam - Paris Attack
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 05:29:29