Anyone care to chat?

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:26 pm
It is, Roger, it is. I'm losing faith in it.

^-^
:-(

Glum marycat.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:41 pm
Rae, I've actually given a lot of though to leaving NYC. I can honestly say I truly dislike this city, especially living here. Unemployment is over 6% around here. Unheard of.

Brian, bless him, doesn't want to give up yet. And I would like to take the bread program at my alma mater. Good stuff to learn.

I don't want to have to take out more loans, but our choices are pretty much these:

Take out more loans, stick around till 3/10, learn more about baking, and get one more certificate to put on my resume, and keep sending Brian out to be rejected day in and day out;
Wait about three more days to see if Brian is offered a job before we put this place up for sublet, pack everything up again, and brave the job market in another city;
Or I get a job that won't pay more than half of the rent while Brian continues to go out there, continuing to be rejected by employers.

Regardless, I have to ask my father to cosign on something or lend me some money, because I don't have credit or income; and I think I am just plain too old to have to do that.

I decided on the masochistic option, to stick around and take the bread program, while Brian goes out every day looking for a job that may or may not materialize.

If something good comes up, then I'll be able to get a good job around here after I finish the program. If nothing good comes up for him, then at least we have more time between now and then to find subletters, and jobs in Florida.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:41 pm
MARYCAT.....!!!!!

CHEER UP!!!!! TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY.....A GIFT!!!!!

Tell ya what I'm gonna do.....I'll be optimistic for ya, okay? One less thing you have to worry about!

Good things for mc.....good things for mc.....good things for mc.....

Don't mind me.....
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:42 pm
Thanks Rae!

*HUG*
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:44 pm
As long as I'm in the service industry, young lady, you'll always have a job.....I know lots of people.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:46 pm
Aw, thanks! You're good to me.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 11:03 pm
Guess I picked the right profession then.

Hospitality is my middle name.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 11:15 pm
What is it you do, anyway, Rae?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 11:24 pm
Current position is controller of a a very small, distressed property (hotel and restaurant).....we won't go there right now.

I've been in the hotel business since I was sixteen ~ so that makes it twenty one years total. Most of those years spent on the front lines, i.e., desk clerk and night audit.

I've always had a knack for numbers and I'm suspicious by nature, hence my current position.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 01:18 am
i wish you and brian all the best mc. btw, the unemployment rate on guam is somewhere between 18 and 26% depending on who you listen to.

in my affiliations with the guam chamber of commerce and the guam contractor's association we believe the 26% is correct.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 07:22 am
Marycat- I would check out the west coast of Florida, where I live. the area is growing like mad, and there is always a problem in finding decent staff!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:12 am
Wow, pueo, that's horrible!
Thanks for the support, everybody.

Phoenix, I love Tampa. I have thought many times about relocating to the Tampa Bay area. I suspect that we will just make something work somehow or other through the end of this lease here, and then move somewhere else. I've been pulling for Florida all along. (My parents think I'm completely insane.)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:27 am
Marycat
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I know how hard things can get and I wish you the very best! (((hug)))
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:29 am
Sure.....Go to the west coast.....I'll get over it. Some day. Maybe.

How much longer on your lease, mc?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:39 am
I've never been to Cocoa Beach. I'll have to check it out before I make my final decision.
;-)

Unfortunately, the NYC lease is through the end of September. Alas.

The bread program is until 3/10. I have to assume that Brian will be among the gainfully employed by then, and if that comes to pass, I'll get a job here and we'll live out the lease. And then move south.

In the event that the economy doesn't improve by then, we'll be looking for subletters as of 3/11, and looking for jobs and housing in the south that much sooner.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 10:27:10