Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,303 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:10 pm
Where'dyago pueo?
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:13 pm
Hi Rae! I'm here! I'm not pueo, but I'm fun too!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:18 pm
Chat room is VERY slow....where are you marycat?

I can't see you!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:20 pm
And, by the way, I know you're fun! You crack me up sometimes! But we're in the chat room!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:22 pm
A ha. And hence the chatting invite... Still learning the new format. Didn't know anyone was ever IN the chat room!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:26 pm
I'll drop in for a minute.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 08:42 pm
Sorry guys......way too confusing and slow for me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:11 pm
Well, chatroom was certainly an interesting experience tonight. The same could be said for a minefield, of course.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:12 pm
Hi everyone! It's more stable over here!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:15 pm
Ahhhhh......stability! A very good thing!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:16 pm
I could use some more stability in my life!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:24 pm
You'll always have the stability of A2K chat room, mc!

NOT!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:36 pm
Um, I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:45 pm
The latter, m'dear.

You appear to be an extremely happy, grounded and lovable person ~ what kind of stability are you talking about?!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:50 pm
Thanks Rae! (Feeling warm and fuzzy)

Most of my instability right now is financial, and the resulting freakiness in the rest of my mind......
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 09:56 pm
I love handing out warm fuzzies!

Financial, I can relate to. But, I try not to let it get to me. If you can't fix it, it doesn't do any good to worry about it.

As far as the freakiness goes, you're not alone, kiddo!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:15 pm
I know it doesn't help to worry, but I have a hard time stopping worrying. The job market here is terrible. No one wants to hire an experienced, skilled, fast, male bartender in this city. They all want pretty girls with big bosoms, regardless of experience and skills.

I can get a job anywhere, anytime. But I'll never make enough money to pay the rent on this place, unless I go back to bartending. Which would not be nice to Brian, and which would not be what I've been training for all this time in this God-forsaken city. Or unless I start exotic dancing, which would not be a good personality fit for me... ("Don't you say that to me! That's sexist!" -- Not a good way to keep a job in the sex industry....)

Brian is a superb bartender. He would be a great lead bartender in any nightclub in this city, and an even better bar or restaurant manager. I have been in this city for seven months, and have yet to see a bartender whose skill compares to his. He has been applying to be those things, as well as a waiter, barback, and anything else that someone puts up an ad for. Every job he tries out for, there are two hundred other people trying out for it too. Some of them are stock brokers who got laid off. Many are actors. A few are beautiful women, and they are the ones getting hired, whether they have experience or not.

I believe in hiring women, but I believe more strongly in hiring the person who will do the best job. I don't think most of the people doing the hiring in this city believe in hiring qualified people, because if they did, Brian would have been hired his second day out there.

Whew, I feel a little better after that little venting session there.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:20 pm
I have been in the job market, marycat. It is a horrible experience all the way around.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2003 10:26 pm
Well, I'm glad you feel better, mc! Have ya'll given any thought to leaving NYC?

I know the unemployment rate is averaging 5% around the country, but that's the best it's been in three decades.

I can't help but think of the movie 'Cocktail' ~ there is money to be made on the islands. Tax-free.

Just a thought.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Anyone care to chat?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 07:00:03