Mineralized Coral help

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:06 pm
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here, because I found a piece of coral that looks like a normal whiteish/grey rock on the outside, with a coral pattern imprinted on some parts of it...but this is crystallized entirely on the inside with yellowish/amber hued crystals on the inside within some patterns of coral skeleton within it, I have pictures if anyone needs those to tell me if this is rare? valuable? It's valuable to me because I just love that it was alive once, and im my opinion still is. but any information on this would be appreciated, i've been scouring the net on info for this particular type and have come up empty handed, but it was found in south florida and i have about 6-7 the biggest one is the size of a 1/2 of a basketball about 10lbs of mineralized coral crystals are varying in sizes but from sand specks to about 3/8ths of an inch as thick as a pencil and vary, is this more valuable if it is cut like a geod? thanks again
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 727 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:19 pm
@Aliesending,
There used to be some real pretty fossilized coral from Tampa Bay. I don't know if that's what you have, but you might use that as part of a search string.
Aliesending

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:26 pm
@roger,
Thanks roger, I see it is beautiful. but this is not like that, I wish I knew how to put a picture on here, there's no attachment button, but it's not agregated i hope i spelled that right, it's not hollow, im no geologist, nor am i a grammer cop ;P but it's just almost made completely solid (as far as i know) (Ive broken quite a few open) of yellow crystals, im guessing quartz? with consistant amber coloring, if you grab at the crystals right on a broken rock you can break them apart with your hand, this land on Palm Beach Island must of been a giant coral reef at one time? I will not sell these rocks, I use them for meditation and i just love having them around and I would love to know more about themThanks!!
roger

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 07:43 pm
@Aliesending,
It was a remote possibility. Sorry it didn't work out.
0 Replies