AIM Link

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 02:08 pm
Does anyone know why the AOL IM link does not work? When I click on the link, I get this. Thanks for any help!

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the s: home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

If you still cannot open the page, click the Internet Explorer
Search button to look for similar sites.

Internet Explorer
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 871 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Monger

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
What "AOL IM link" are you talking about, & what were you expecting to see after clicking it? (Based on the error message I'm guessing it's not supposed to open AOL's instant messenger program itself.)

Have you tried the advice given in the error message you quoted? The part that says "the page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed" might be entirely accurate.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
Monger wrote:
What "AOL IM link" are you talking about, & what were you expecting to see after clicking it? (Based on the error message I'm guessing it's not supposed to open AOL's instant messenger program itself.)

Have you tried the advice given in the error message you quoted? The part that says "the page you are looking for might have been removed or had its name changed" might be entirely accurate.

What is this link for if not to link to AOL Instant Messenger?
http://www.able2know.com/forums/templates/Able2Know/images/lang_english/icon_aim.gif
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 05:31 pm
Do you have AIM installed?
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 06:26 pm
aol messenger
Craven de Kere wrote:
Do you have AIM installed?

I have AOL as my ISP. I have AOL IM and E-Mail
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 06:30 pm
Well, the link only works for AOL standalone IM. AOL's proprietary software in their overall AOL software causes this not to work.

While I do think it'd be cool for the buttons to work with AOL, it's not a big priority for us.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 06:35 pm
aol messenger
Craven de Kere wrote:
Well, the link only works for AOL standalone IM. AOL's proprietary software in their overall AOL software causes this not to work.

While I do think it'd be cool for the buttons to work with AOL, it's not a big priority for us.

It's not a big priority for me either, since I am new to this board I was just wondering why the link didn't work. Thanks for responding!
0 Replies