Learning accounting on your own

Learner

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2004 01:47 pm
Has anyone tried to learn accounting on his own or has known anyone who instead of going to school was able to grasp accounting using internet and self help material that's out there... If so, please post your opinion about what was the most challenging for you in the process of learning and required more work on your part or on the part of someone you know...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,153 • Replies: 1
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2004 05:27 pm
Learner, Accounting would be difficult to learn on your own. I have come to this conclusion, because I tutored business majors in principles of accounting during my junior and senior year in college. Textbooks are not always clear enough to understand why something is done. Accounting also requires much study; you can't fake knowledge in accounting, because it requires you to complete excercises in posting complex entries. If you're really interested in learning accounting, why not go to the local community college where instructors can help you solve problems. Good luck.
0 Replies