Trust me on this....really.

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 12:21 pm
When was the last time you said this to someone you care about, and why?

Me? Currently saying this to Wally, and he's just not getting why.

Wallettes girlfriends birthday is coming up in a few weeks. Among other things she's talented at, she is a baker extraordinaire. According to Wallette, she routinely says out of the blue something like "I'm going to make some baklava....or lemon meringue pie..." and she just gets up and whips some up.

She bakes a lot, because it's a stress reducer for her, and she's got a ton of poor graduate students who reap the benefits.

So....Wally's big idea is to bake something for her. And not just bake something for a person who throws together raspberry filled scones in her sleep, but something truly dreadful. The much hated "dump cake"

I've tried explaining how she'll be polite and accept it, but putting some duncan hines cake mix in a pan, topped with canned cherries and putting in a hot oven is like giving a florist some dandelions.

You know what she'd really appreciate? A gasoline gift card. Our house is halfway between hers and Wallettes, and they often meet here and go out in Wallette's car, because baker girl can afford to waste the gas money. She must spend all her extra money on cardamom
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 511 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 01:49 pm
@chai2,
I don't know when the last time I said that...but I think I cannot think of a better use than your example.

Curious why would wally think it is a good idea to bake for a master baker? He is set up to fail...unless this is a gag gift and a real gift card were to be embedded in the dump cake...
Linkat

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 01:52 pm
@chai2,
Oh and by the way ... when I read the title and as my finger hovered over the title and I saw your name, I wondered .... was frightened about what I would read.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 03:51 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I don't know when the last time I said that...but I think I cannot think of a better use than your example.

Curious why would wally think it is a good idea to bake for a master baker? He is set up to fail...unless this is a gag gift and a real gift card were to be embedded in the dump cake...

No. Wally thinks he knows how to cook because he can fry eggs.

He's a good man, sometimes just needs to be told "trust me on this"

Anyway, Wallette said baker girl would like a gift card to Michaels Crafts. That's a win/win because I can get one from Gift Card Zen for 21% off, so get her a larger one.

Years ago, I had to tell a young lady "Trust me on this, don't wear that to a job interview" That was hard to do. She couldn't see where it was inappropriate.

http://arizonalatinos.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/561-understanding-how-much-cleavage-is-too-much-a0fcaf6.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 03:52 pm
Athough, I would totally were this to a job interview....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kXnVoQ9ZFkQ/SUwP3ssBHwI/AAAAAAAAGX8/jVX7kaWMHbQ/s400/DSCF0011jochestburster.jpg
roger

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 04:29 pm
@chai2,
For what job, exactly?
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 04:35 pm
@roger,
Day Care Center
roger

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 04:37 pm
@chai2,
OIC
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Trust me on this....really.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:30:28