damn good thing i don't know how to make beer. i'd never leave my house Drunk
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:34 am
Now, Pueo just loves to drink beer,
But it makes him look awfully queer -
Cos his tongue, it hangs out
And his eyes roll about -
Well the sight fills me, frankly, with fear!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 05:49 am
hmmmmmm.................. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 06:24 am
Hey mustang! where y'all from? and welcome to this here joint, a bit late, but welcome...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 08:30 am
Hey Pueo, I know how to make beer ;-)
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 01:59 pm
Hi bigdice67, thanks for the welcome! The only thing southern about me is that I live in the southern part of a county which is near Detroit, Michigan. My Great Grandparents came to this country from some place in Germany near the Polish border. (Can't even remember the name now.) I once found their names on a ship's manifest which departed Hamburg. They came through Ellis Island. Didn't know them too well and my grandparents couldn't supply very much information, so that's about all I know.

A while back (hate to admit how long!), I visited my Sis and her husband, who was stationed in Wiesbaden and had a chance to see a lot of your beautiful country. Frankfurt, Stuttgart (sp Question ), Mainz, Munich, etc. Arrow Also got to The Netherlands (only to change planes, but enough time to sight-see a bit) Switzerland, Luxembourg, France, Great Britain--not enough time to make Spain and Italy. Wish I could go back some time, but that's doubtful. Crying or Very sad

Was very impressed with the cathedral in Koln and Schloss Neuschwanstein. Hey, that kooky Ludwig really knew how to live, didn't he? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 05:48 am
Beer in the morning
Beer at night
Gas in the belly
And the stomach is tight! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 07:00 am
We'll sing a song for A2K
We'll raise our glasses high.
As the world goes rollin' by

For all the folks who gather here
For the rock and roll and wry,
As we chat, debate and lie

(to be sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne)

Hell, folks. I can't sing and write at the same time Laughing

Great fun reading all these replies.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 08:01 am
Letty, I like that![/color]

P.S. Now that tune will be going through my head all day.
Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 10:35 am
LOL ... that works pretty well sung to "The Mickey Mouse Cub Song" too ... try it!

timber
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 01:24 pm
timber and chat,

A2K--A2K
Just a mouse away. Very Happy

We certainly do have a versatile little AWEchestra here, don't we. Razz
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 02:18 pm
Hey sweet Letty, I just found your thread! It has been a wonderful learning experience. Everclear is something I had never heard of, an empty chapter in my life, no doubt.

Phoenix and Gezzy, like the two of you, I can't hold my liquor without getting all lovey and sentimental or simply going to sleep.Beer or the hard stuff, it doesn't seem to matter.

If there is good champagne around, I just throw caution to the wind. To me, there is nothing better than champagne.

The night they invented champagne,
It's plain as it can be,
They thought of you and me.
The night they invented champagne,
They absolutely knew,
That all we'd want to do
Is fly to the sky on chamnpagne,
And shout to everyone in sight:
That since the world began,
No woman or man
Has ever been as happy as we are tonight.

Cheers!!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 03:51 pm
Diane, I suspect a couple of the hazier, if not empty, chapters in many a life had something to do with Everclear, and its rustic cousin, good ol', unpretentious, home-made, untaxed, and wholly unregulated country 'Shine. Transparent whisky enjoyed from a canning jar is a Weapon Of Mass Disfunction. You ain't missed nothin', girl.

Everclear Trivia: It was available during prohibition as a prescription medicament, as an indifferently regulated cooking and illuminating fuel, a solvent, and, in very respectably industrial quantities, as a component of many processes of production. Pure Grain Alcohol is pretty versatile stuff. Quite a few drums of Everclear that were aimed at a factory wound up being poured from bottles at "Speakeasy"s in just about every village, town, and city in The Country. Theft and other diversions of the stuff, from truck loads to rail cars and warehouses full, was a major occupation of organized crime in that era.

timber
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 05:27 pm
Aaaah, so that is why it was called rot gut?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 05:32 pm
"Rot-Gut" referred more to the less stringently quality-controled distalations of amatures. Everclear was, and remains, Industrial Grade.

timber
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:00 pm
timber - Do you mean that I should leave it unopened???? Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:08 pm
Leave it tucked away in a safe place Phoenix. I'll be right over to pick it up and dispose of it safely for you. No need to worry. Twisted Evil

timber
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Jan, 2003 06:12 pm
Another Everclear trivia - Dr Hulda Clark, of alternative medicine fame, recommends that we purchase Everclear for use as an antiseptic. Except for alcoholics.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 09:44:36