QUESTION ON PATH TO TAKE

tsjones

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 07:24 am
I have a BS in Biology and Chemistry. Went to dental school and decided it was not for me and now want to pursue either a Bachelor's in Engineering but was told to do the Masters in Engineering since I have the technical background, but I have not been in the engineering field with my current profession. Which is more marketable and financial feasible? Bachelors or Masters?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 473 • Replies: 3
No top replies

M4RS

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 10:23 am
@tsjones,
Masters.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2015 10:47 am
@tsjones,
You don't necessarily need an MS in Engineering unless you're looking to become a Professional Engineer (e. g. get a PE license). PE licenses are good but they are not easy to get. But my understanding (my father is a retired PE) is that the designation makes you fairly bulletproof. Not completely - if a company is wholesale laying people off, you might get it, too. But it's a big thing to have.

The question is whether you really want to do this. Another degree is a big commitment of time, money, attention, and brain power.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:50 am
@tsjones,
Hi Tsjones,
First of all you should go for bachelor's of engineering than only you can do master in engineering. You have completed your BS and it is not connected to engineering so you have no idea about engineering. My suggest is that you should go for bachelor degree than after master.
0 Replies