Something wrong with my Google!! :(

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 05:40 am
Hello;

Everytime I go to www.google.com .. it automatically redirects to www.google.be !! (Google Belgium) . . and I get allll my search results in Belgian langauge!
I"m not from Belgium, and I want my google to go to the regular English google.com .. how can I change that??

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 06:26 am
Vonderjohn--

I'm not a techie type, but try this.

Go to Google. On the right of "Google" select preferences.

Check the language list and if this is the problem change Belgium to English.

Good luck.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:29 am
I think they speak French in Belgium. Simply learn French and the problem will be solved!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:44 am
Click this link ---> http://www.google.com/preferences to go directly to the Google "Preferences" page. There you can set a number of parameters for your Google options. You must have cookies enabled in order for your "Preferences" selections to "Take" and be remembered by your machine. If you still find yourself being redirected, it is likely your browser's search function has been hijacked by yuckware. If that's the case, we can help you get over it. Give setting your preferences a shot and let us know what happens. If you're still not getting what you want, we'll try to sort out and fix the difficulty.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 07:50 am
NickFun wrote:
I think they speak French in Belgium. Simply learn French and the problem will be solved!

... and Flemish and German as well - changing the preferences seems to be the easiest way.

You can bookmark, btw, the different country versions (I used that before I switched to the A2K toolbar.)
0 Replies

Stardaemon

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:27 am
You can use this url directly if you want english, and don't like google's Immortal Cookies...

http://www.google.com/intl/en/

Note that the last slash is necessary, so don't forget it:)
0 Replies