Summer Camp for Children/Teenagers

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:08 am
I am currently planning for a four day summer camp for children and teens to help them improve on their presentation/communication skills. Because I am inexperienced in the area, I am not sure what activities/games I should include in the program without making it too dull for them. Please help me out and suggest some activities!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,491 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 08:31 am
@volkschild,
Start with checking the laws in your area, and your insurance coverage.

Seriously. This sort of stuff (even day camp) is regulated, and your carrier might have something to say about children potentially being exposed to snakes, poisonous berries on hikes, or falls and diving around pools.

Even if this is all perfectly legal (and check; don't just assume, ferchrissakes), your insurance company will potentially disclaim coverage if a child is injured on your watch and they didn't know you were going to do this. Yes, even if you are running a day care and are experienced, even if the day care is insured. These are different circumstances.

I know these were not the questions you asked, but all it takes is one kid diving into a shallow pool and you could lose your house.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:57 am
@volkschild,
Group discussion, puzzle games and PPT presentation these activities can be helpful for children and teens.
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 07:38 am
@volkschild,
Why's someone 'inexperienced' operating a summer camp for kids? Never looked into it, but kinda like the idea people who have some credentials and experience (and have passed background checks) do that sort of thing?
0 Replies