Reformatted win2000, some pages still don't load right

blanter

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:19 pm
I just reformatted and reinstalled win2000.

Certain websites have a hard time loading, or load wrong, or don't load at all. These sites include hotmail.com, google.com and myspace.com.

I am behind a router. These sites load fine from my wireless laptop. Also AIM has stopped being able to log in. Should I try a reformat and reinstall of Win2000 again?

Thanks,
Sean
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 3
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2004 12:28 pm
I'd think addressing the problem instead of reinstalling over and over again hoping it will go away would be a more effective use of your time.

You say you reinstalled Win2K. Have you downloaded and installed all of the updates?

Since you can get to some WWW sites and not others I'm going to assume your network configuration is good for now.

If your are running Internet Explorer make sure you have "Enable Third party Browser Extensions" and "Java Console Enabled" checked off in IE's Advanced settings.
0 Replies

jpowell

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 03:39 am
You might have a DNS problem.

I can't tell you how to fix this now since i'm using a Macintosh.

But search help for DNS or "domain name servers". Should be under the start menu.

And enter these numbers. These are what I use. Yours will be different. But see if these work.

0 Replies

blanter

Reply Thu 8 Jul, 2004 06:52 pm
Hey thanks for the help. I installed one of the automatic updates that described my problem to a T. Something about not sending the reload to the browser. Fixed the problem and now AIM works again too. Thanks for the help guys, with out it I'd still be stuck in yesterday.
0 Replies