Help with email add

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 12:53 pm
An employee at the local Ca High-Desert watering-regs establishment named Brenda gives me as her email add.:

[email protected]

But when I attempt to use it I am advised it isn't an email add. Help, help, help

Where did I/she go wrong--And thanks anyone

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 01:07 pm
@dalehileman,
It looks like she gave you a fake address. I doubt anyone in the world would have that mess as an actual address. Just look at it. How in the hell did you think that was a legitimate email address? Certainly not any kind of acronym!

Or you just wrote it (typoed) with really poor handwriting.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 01:10 pm
@dalehileman,
Instead of asking for email addresses, ask people to email you - and keep them on the line until you've received their email.

That way you can add their email to your address book, and use their email to reply to.
andy131

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:01 pm
Looks like she kind of wrote (Aston villa football club) AVFC...don't know what last letters stand for maybe her initials ?,, I know I have a few email addresses and sometimes I mix up, co.uk and .com. Not sure if you could try that ?
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:23 pm
@andy131,
Andy, this is by and large an American site, frequented by people from the USA and Canada.

There is a smattering of Oz, one or two from Germany, a Canadian who pretends he's French, one or two who think they are God, and a handful of Brits.
To refer to Aston Villa in your post will mean nothing to them, and is about the equivalent of you reading through any post in their baseball thread and trying to understanding what the hell is going on.

Most here would think that Aston Villa was a special house built for the James Bond goldfinger car.

andy131

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 02:29 pm
@Lordyaswas,
HAHA! obviously I cannot hide my inexperience (chuckling)
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 04:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Instead .......... ask people to email you
Beth that's a splendid idea
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 04:14 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

Andy, this is by and large an American site, frequented by people from the USA and Canada.

There is a smattering of Oz, one or two from Germany, a Canadian who pretends he's French, one or two who think they are God, and a handful of Brits.
To refer to Aston Villa in your post will mean nothing to them, and is about the equivalent of you reading through any post in their baseball thread and trying to understanding what the hell is going on.

Most here would think that Aston Villa was a special house built for the James Bond goldfinger car.

I'll never figure out who pretends to be French. hahahahaha
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 04:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
It looks like she gave you a fake address
Thanks Tsar but unlikely
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 04:19 pm
@dalehileman,
Pats you on your naive head and walks away from the thread. Rolling Eyes
dalehileman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2015 05:22 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Pats you on your naive head and walks away from the thread
Well, we'll see Tsar as I intend to phone her tmw morn
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:26 am
@dalehileman,
Thanks again all for your comments. But as it turns out, I had the add. wrong: The "e" didn't belong
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 07:36 am
@dalehileman,
Good to hear you have the right eddress now.

dalehileman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2015 09:38 am
@ehBeth,
Beth, again, once more, you've made my day, maybe the entire week
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 03:43 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
To refer to Aston Villa in your post will mean nothing to them

I once told a Yank that I like going up the Arse every Saturday and he took several steps backwards (until he reached a wall in fact). I could never work out why.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Help with email add
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:18:51