I am NOT An Angry Black Woman/How was your 4th?

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:22 pm
well...I am...but not so much about black/white stuff. My anger has mostly to do with stuff that happens at my job and my home. Of course, the occasional shopkeeper following me around doesn't help, but honestly...i'm not angry on the whole.

I posted a poem and I started a topic and I made replies to yet another topic.

I went away for a few days w/ my family and boy was I greeted when I returned. I feel that I've made some here think that I am indeed an Angry Black Woman - that I'm probably Noah The African with breasts and a slit betwixt my thighs. I promise I'm not. "Rage" is not a word that I would use to describe my overall feeling of relations between blacks and whites.

That doesn't mean that I never consider the history of my people and how it makes me feel today. I feel that while lots has changed, so much also hasn't. Granted I'm only 27 and not the greatest historian, but standing on this side of the fence, I think I'm allowed a little feeling on the issues some of my race exprienced. I do suffer (sadly) from not being as eloquent as lots others on this forum when presenting my opinions (and that's almost all most things I write are), but I'll try to do better in the future.

HOWEVER, the next post I read that insinuates I'm a little angry...I'm hunting you down and we're taking it to the back yard. Well, unless it's Noddy, since she just got off the crutches and whatnot :-)

How was your 4th of July?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,675 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Miller

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:27 pm
Quote:
Of course, the occasional shopkeeper following me around doesn't help

They follow me around too! What do you suppose they want? Could it be, that my old jacket makes them think I'm homeless? Cool
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:28 pm
So why are you being defensive? You are entitled to your feelings. And how was YOUR 4th! Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:29 pm
What the hell are you talking about?

Fine thanks as was yours I hope.....
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:30 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

We're talking about the 4th of July. Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:32 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
So why are you being defensive? You are entitled to your feelings. And how was YOUR 4th! Very Happy

Everyone is entitled to his/her own feelings and no one, likes a store mamager following them around. It's postively creepy. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:45 pm
Some time back, I told the story of my granddaughter and her friend who was followed around, and accused of shoplifting in a small department store in their town. She hadn't stolen anything, my son went to bat for my granddaughter, and got an apology from the store owner.

I remember how incensed my son was at the time. In my granddaughter's case, she was followed around because she was a teenager, which is yet another form of prejudice. It sure does suck.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:52 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

oh hush bpb
Quote:
yes it was good - once I was able to slide from behind that stupid bbq grill. ugh
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:59 pm
Onyxelle--

I asked because I wanted to know. I still want to know and I asked you as much because you are articulate as because you are angry.

By the by, my leg is only 1/3 to 1/2 healed, so I'll be on crutches into September. Besides, you can't pick on me--I'm a WASP (White, Anglo-Saxon Pedant).

I had a weekend of non sequitors. Today Mr. Noddy picked up his new hearing aid and marital harmony is restored.

Hold your dominion--both good humor and righteous indignation.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 04:07 pm
Heh. Mine was fine until I stepped into the Yellow Jacket nest that mysteriously appeared in the front lawn. OUCH!

Come on now Onyx, you're angry. Admit it. Let it all out. Get it out of your system. We're here for ya! Wink
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 04:22 pm
fishin' wrote:
Heh. Mine was fine until I stepped into the Yellow Jacket nest that mysteriously appeared in the front lawn. OUCH!

Eek!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 04:29 pm
Pretty good 4th here at Timberland; a parade in town earlier in the day, then a buncha freinds and family and barbeque and assorted deserts, and ever-flowing beverage-of-choice, a nice bonfire, and some stuff got blowed up real good. The Puppies and The Ponies will get over the pyrotechnics ... they always do. Prolly gonna be a few days before egg production gets back to normal though ... always is. No serious injuries, and only minor, cosmetic, physical damage, all of which is readilly correctable with nothing more than light carpentry, a bit of paint, and a buncha yardwork. Well, most of it, anyway, but then I never bother with bodywork on The Rough Truck unless the damage impairs functionality. None of the dings from last night's enthusiastic, if not particularly sensible, 4-wheelin' are gonna keep it outta the fields and off the trails.

No shopkeepers or dyspeptic folk of any gender or ethnicity were harmed during the festivities. Rarely ever happens ... they're fairlysafe hereabouts.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 04:30 pm
I never thought of you as angry, onyx. But, i don't think I've read ALL of your posts. Maybe I'm missing some venom somewhere <grin>.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 04:47 pm
My fourth was pretty nice. Visited one of my daughters and two of her kids, then later watched the annual Tomball fireworks display. Hope yours was as nice.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:06 pm
My fourth was rather quiet, which is as i like it. I visited a friend who cooked a nice dinner for us. I hope you enjoyed your holiday as well.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:17 pm
I've never thought of you as angry, either, onyxelle, but I certainly DO think of you as eloquent! One of the best on the board, in fact.

We all face discrimination of some sort, and it always justifies righteous indignation. There are places I don't dare go because I'm an upper-middle-class, middle-aged white woman. Am I upset when it happens to me? Damn right I am!
Continue your rant anytime you like...and I shall feel free to do the same. Okay?

BTW, the Fourth was kinda quiet here for me because of the hearing loss & all. I skipped out on the fireworks this year. Just enjoyed some quiet time with my family.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:17 pm
Re: I am NOT An Angry Black Woman/How was your 4th?
onyxelle wrote:
HOWEVER, the next post I read that insinuates I'm a little angry...I'm hunting you down and we're taking it to the back yard.

Okay. I'm looking forward to this, it should be a lot of fun.

You are a very, VERY angry woman. Probably hate all white males.

Like me.

In your backyard, anytime you like!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:19 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Prolly gonna be a few days before egg production gets back to normal though ... always is. No serious injuries, and only minor, cosmetic, physical damage, all of which is readilly correctable

Did anyone else wonder why they'd never realized that timber lays eggs?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:27 pm
Wow, she sounds pretty angry... well, no... I think furious might be more like it...

(Runs like hell!)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 05:36 pm
since i am totally in the dark re your post, Ill take major offense at your obvious disdain of the b arbeque grille. Our foreparents fought and died fighting Indians, French, the British,Spaniwsh,more French, the Indians again, and , well you know the deal. They fought and died that we may have the freedom to barbeque in the open. No more furtive barbeques in the swamps. No more eating boiled sheep and potatoes in public and saying how good it is and how we must have the recipe cuz nobody makes boiled sheep and potatoes like these Europeans.
I proudly barbequeand teach my spawn to do likewise, and, on swuch an occassion I always cook way too much food to share with family and friends , so Ive discovered that there is nothing better than eggs and barbeque ribs for breakfast on the 5th (sorry bi- , but ribs for breakfast is goooood)

Well, thats about all I can think of on this topic, I hope I wasnt off topic too much but Im passionate about people who miss the greatest symbol of our country, the charcoal grille. And i dont mean those goddam pussy gas grilles either. Why those things are made for people whho stand around posing for Martha Stewart ads and you know what a creep she is. .so, Ill not bother you any further .
I had a nice fourth and a superb day after the fourth.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I am NOT An Angry Black Woman/How was your 4th?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 01:29:32