Correcting title revisited

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:12 pm
Yes, no, I've asked before, but after posting, what's the best way to correct its title

Thanks any newcomer not sick of hearing my q's
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 717 • Replies: 20
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 01:29 pm
@dalehileman,
If you do it quickly (I don't know how many minutes, but not many) you can just click on your back button and edit it. If not, it's too late.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 01:39 pm
@ossobuco,
I love you Oss but which back button where
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 01:51 pm
@dalehileman,
The browser's back button, I guess. (About to test)

(after the test) I didn't use the back button; see here

http://able2know.org/topic/281390-1

dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:05 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Thanks Tess, and forgive an old man but what's a browser, where on it do we find the "back" button, and how is it labeled

By coincidence Tes I had reverted to Edit, tag, etc....

Edited to announce triumphantly that It's done under "Preview."

But again thanks Tes a million for your concern
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:11 pm
@dalehileman,
It's to the left, in your whatsit, toolbar.

Ok, ok, I'll look. If I remember, it needs to be clicked yes in your preferences.

I think I lost my back button once and found it again that way.
Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:14 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
what's a browser

A browser, (or web browser) is a software program that you use to "browse" the World Wide Web. You are using one right now to read this. Examples include Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and (a long while ago) Netscape.

Quote:
where on it do we find the "back" button

It is usually a left-pointing arrow or triangle; you use it to go back one page. Often it is accompanied by a "forward" button, which does what its name suggests.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/mIUXo.png

Quote:
and how is it labeled

Often it is not labelled; sometimes if you hover the mouse over it you see a little box saying "Go back one page" or something like that.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Dale, you drive me crazy, as you know, but I sort of empathize. I've asked many odd computer questions and I happen to own the opposite of yours, a very old one, an out of space old iMac. I have received countless warnings, including from my bank, that I need to upgrade my browser, which cannot be upgraded. Let me guess, 5000+. All the time, they notice. It's sort of like ads for better hot dogs.

I have been browser de-possessioned except for basic, which is extremely basic, by google, yahoo, and many more.

A lot of responses to my old questions here were helpful and people have tried to help you here.
I do hope you engage some mac computer person to come to your house.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
It's to the left, in your whatsit, toolbar.
Forgive me again Oss but on my screen at present I count 7 toolbars

Quote:
Ok, ok, I'll look. If I remember, it needs to be clicked yes in your preferences.
I can't find a "back" in Preferences

Quote:
I think I lost my back button once and found it again that way.
Then I'll try again.....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:39 pm
If you are within the editing time clock, you can just press the EDIT button and change the title that way. No need to go on a treasure hunt to find a back button.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:42 pm
@dalehileman,
Yes! Plus, I don't think you should give advise to newcomers anyway.
Try to learn how to maneuver around the site yourself and let it be.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:48 pm
@Tes yeux noirs,
Quote:
what's a browser

Quote:
... a software program that you use to "browse" ......You are using one right now...... Explorer, Safari,...... Netscape.
Aha Tes, thank you!!!! I'd often wondered, asking my boys but nobody seemed to know what it's called. So I'm supposing you have reference to all those colored icons in a row, that you get when you slide the cursor over to the left or at the bottom of the screen. I had asked my Beteer Half too, but she calls 'em "icons", which of course they are, but....

Quote:
where on it do we find the "back" button

Quote:
It is usually a left-pointing arrow or triangle; you use it to go back one page. Often it is accompanied by a "forward" button, which does what its name suggests.
Aha!!! So the left-arrow icon is also called "back" and right, "forward" !!!!

You have to forgive an old decrepit mind like mine, I don't pick up on all that slang; but it doesn't look at all like a button

http://i.stack.imgur.com/mIUXo.png

Quote:
and how is it labeled

Quote:
Often it is not labelled; sometimes if you hover the mouse over it you see a little box saying "Go back one page" or something like that.
Yea Tes, it's labeled "show the previous page", but I never had heard it called "back button"

I guess I get too literal and technical but again thanks Tes
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 02:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Dale, you drive me crazy, as you know,
Oh Oss but I do

Quote:
but I sort of empathize.
It's appreciated

Quote:
I've asked many odd computer questions
Not odd as mine

Quote:
...... I need to upgrade my browser, which cannot be upgraded......... It's sort of like ads for better hot dogs.
Again Oss you've made my day and maybe tomorrow morn too

Quote:
I have been browser de-possessioned except for basic, which is extremely basic, by google, yahoo, and many more.
What does it mean to be depossessed and so how do you cope

Quote:
.......people have tried to help you here. I do hope you engage some mac computer person to come to your house.
At $50 min, thought I might engage L, S, and M just a bit more
dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 03:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
just press the EDIT button
Thanks But but I've tried that, as I mention somewhere above
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 03:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Yes! Plus, I don't think you should give advise to newcomers anyway.
Oh no no Jane you misunderstand: I've been hoping a newcomer might help me

Quote:
Try to learn how to maneuver around the site yourself and let it be.
It's such fun tho, and many times I have been steered straight

Before the latest OpSys I indeed did maneuver around pretty successfully
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:24 pm
@dalehileman,
That's true! I forgot that you're in your 80s already - it's not easy to
cope with computers at that age. You're doing well Smile
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 09:33 am
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
You're doing well
Thanks Jane. I attribute my resilience to lots of vitamins and minerals, as well as 65 years guzzling The Brew
0 Replies

Tes yeux noirs

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 09:45 am
CalamityJane wrote:
You're doing well

And long may that continue!
dalehileman

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 10:39 am
@Tes yeux noirs,
Bless thee Jane
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2015 01:40 pm
@dalehileman,
to respond about the "depossession" of my browser -

- my imac is from 2006, and had OS upgrades to 10.6.8. However, a while ago, Apple/Mac cut off earlier Operating systems regarding updating them, and 10.6.8 was cut.
Guessing - a mix of a tad of support work for them and a push for people to buy anew.

That last OS, which was called snow leopard, was rather beloved to some offshoot group of mac types (I read some article about it, and likely saved it, but I forget why they liked it) and they were annoyed too, but not as much as me.

Anyway, after that, google and yahoo and godknowswhoelse inform me constantly that their site no longer supports my system.
Thus, I've lost many of my yahoo contacts list, grrrrr.

For a week or two, google news was like a cleared space, I never existed.. weird,
but a month or two later, they seem to know where I am again and some of the blank spaces are filled anew.

Lesson from all this?
If you have a Mac and insist on loving macs as I do, then put your contact information somewhere on separate pages and keep it up - that is, because, if you don't keep up with new OS systems, you may be dropped.

The obvious answer for me is to buy a later iMac, but I can't afford to or I would have already.
Besides, I am not the only one on earth with an old computer: I think this company, wildly wealthy as it is, should support. I got my first mac in the nineties, from an ad in the Evening Outlook classifieds: it was a "school mac".

1. Forums
  2. » Correcting title revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 05:22:29