Genes: Are you an owl or a lark?

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:27 am
This page <click>, hosted by the BBC, contains a quiz that attempts to identify the user as a 'lark' (one who rises early in the day) or a 'night owl' (one who who rises late), and goes on to provide information about the genetics behind each behaviour.
It should take about 5-10 minutes to complete
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 790 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:32 am
I'm neither an owl nor a lark :wink:
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:38 am
I'm a moderate owl.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:46 am
BBB
BBB is a moderate lark.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 10:55 am
Quote:
You are an Extreme Lark

I didn't have to take the test to know the answer. Anyone who has A2Ked with me at 5:45 AM will attest to that! Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 01:28 pm
I'm an extreme owl.

Motherhood has impacted that a bit, but sozlet's an owl too, and it works out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 06:00 pm
Ack, I am neither an owl or lark, but their description doesn't fit me at all. (It says I am best in the morning and I never answered that way.) I am an afternoon person, with a preference for evening over morning. My very best time to think, design, paint, is around five in the afternoon. If I stay up late, past ten, say, I can get going again and work all night.

After a lifetime of having to be at work and school early, I can now get to work at eleven a.m. I awaken earlier, say, 7 a.m., but don't do any intricate work at that hour - that's when I can get some reading done.

I had trouble over the years with my prime time being 5 pm business... that's a good time to start cooking dinner, at home, or to be leaving work, at work, re other people's schedules, and just when my problem solving/designing self is in high gear. It is also the time, re my eyes, when I need to need to assure I am home, lest I be driving in the dark. Sooo, I guess I have spent the prime hours of my mental life driving home or cooking dinner.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2004 06:34 pm
i am an extreme lark, that sounds about right
0 Replies

SueZCue

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 05:28 am
Moderate lark. I prefer to get things done as soon as I know I have to do them and not procrastinate. Hyperactive, I think. :wink:
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:39 am
SueZCue wrote:
Moderate lark. I prefer to get things done as soon as I know I have to do them and not procrastinate. Hyperactive, I think. :wink:

Total opposite to me! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:42 am
it turns out that i am just plain 'foul'! Shocked Rolling Eyes

[neither Lark, not Owl!]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:50 am
I am an Extreme Lark.

I answered the questions based on how I feel about 2 - 3 days into a vacation - when I start waking up earlier and earlier - and falling asleep before 9 p.m. Too bad my work schedule doesn't jive with my body rhythm. Confused
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 08:55 am
I'm a moderate lark. I think that's quite correct.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Genes: Are you an owl or a lark?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:35:05