Single mom, baby announcement, help

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:16 pm
When I was a little girl I dreamed like many of the perfect guy,  perfect wedding and perfect family.  Well I had the first two,needless to say it didn't go so well. Not thinking I could ever have kids or it was going to be difficult for me because while I was married we tried and it never happened. I just let things be and one day when I wasn't expecting it, I got the news I was expecting.  I was so happy, finally a baby for me to love, an unconditional love. You see I became a single pregnant moma to be and as the months passed the loneliness sank in and I sat alone wondering how I was going to do this by myself. Worried the only way my little girl would only know me and the sound of my voice was if I was crying.  A friend told me "once she's born you'll forget it all, and she'll be your world" .  He was right.  She has been and will always be my world. 
I always wanted a family of my own, I've always had so much love to give. This isn't the way I thought I would turn out but I wouldn't change a thing. If I did I wouldn't have her. God had it planned from the start and even though it has been tough I still thank God every day. For he knows best and wouldn't give you anything you couldn't bear. I'm not saying I don't want a husband and father for my girl but I don't need one.  When and if the right person comes along,  I'll trust in God.  I've got family and friends. 
I said that to say this,  our little family of 2 has now become 3. This time there will be no loneliness and no sadness because this proud mother who is single knows she's got this.  So I'm happy and Kylie well she gets a baby to play with so she's ecstatic. 
Live laugh love and let it be we are now 3.

chai2

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:20 pm
@Angela409,
So what do you want help with?
Angela409

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:21 pm
@chai2,
Wondering if this sounds and is written correctly. Also even though there is no dad again I'm OK with it. And this is to friends and family and whoever else to let them know my situation. That's why I added the background info
chai2

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:28 pm
@Angela409,
Not really. It's pretty awful in fact.

It drags on and on and says all kinds of unrealistic things, like about things being perfect. It also sound self obsessed.

Are you planning to get a job at Hallmark writing schmaltzy cards?

If you want to announce to others you've had a baby?

All you need to say is you had a baby, the gender, name and when it was born.

But hey, do whatever you want.

That's all I got.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 05:47 pm
@Angela409,
It does sound rather self-absorbed. This is about your child and not about you. It's also quite the downer, talking about crying, etc.

You're happy, right? This is a happy thing you're announcing, yes?

So how about something like --\

Quote:
Kylie and I are thrilled to announce our new addition! Seymour was born on May 12, 2015 and weighed 835 lbs. and was 73 inches long.

Thank you all for your support. We're so glad to be sharing our joy with you.

Love, Angela409 and Big Sister Kylie
Angela409

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 06:48 pm
Correction It's a pregnancy announcement that was going to be followed by a very cute pic of my daughter and all her dolls on the ground and kissing my belly with a sign that read mommy loves me so much she's getting me a real baby to play with. . This was more or less to let family and friends know my situation that didn't already know that I was pregnant again and still single. But apparently it came out all wrong. I'll just keep my mouth shut and let them see a big belly and answer questions as they come. Or just the pic and answer questions later about no dad again. Thanks
chai2

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:24 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

It does sound rather self-absorbed. This is about your child and not about you. It's also quite the downer, talking about crying, etc.

jes, you're hella smarter than me. When I asked what she wanted help with, I didn't even know this was supposed to be an announcement to be sent out to people.

Honestly? I thought it was a story the OP was telling about herself and was looking for monetary help from us.

To the OP.
Usually people don't send out pregnancy announcements.

They just tell people verbally they're pregnant.

Well, I guess some people today do send out stuff like that, because they think everyone will be so interested.

Family will be, maybe a couple of friends, but mainly the reaction to "I'm pregnant" is "Oh, how nice, did you happen to see my car keys, I can't find them"
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 07:30 pm
@Angela409,
First, congratulations for mastering single motherhood. It's not easy and it seems you've decided to go this way alone - at least for now!

As others said already, your announcement isn't the right one. It seems to come from guilt that there is no father. Plenty of women choose to have children without men in their lives - then again, it can change quickly and you do meet a prince in shining armor.

In the meantime, I would do a birth announcement only. So wait until the baby is born and then you can have a precious picture with baby, big sister and mom.

Good luck!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:42 pm
@Angela409,
Angela409 wrote:
And this is to friends and family and whoever else to let them know my situation. That's why I added the background info

Your friends and family don't already know you're a single mother? not that I've ever heard of a pregnancy announcement, but if anything I'd say a note that was basically the last one or two sentences of your first post would be more than enough. Nobody needs the background in an announcement.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 May, 2015 10:44 pm
@Angela409,
Angela409 wrote:

Live laugh love and let it be, we'll soon be 3.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Single mom, baby announcement, help
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:51:11