arliek

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:38 pm
Listen up, i need some serious help. Ok so i have this thing with this girl, and the thing our conversations aren't really interesting. Like we talked about how our conversations are just like everyday conversations. "i'm tired" "same" "what did you eat" "Whats up?" Stuff like that. It doesn't seem interesting. I want our conversation to be like best friend conversations. What could I do to keep my conversations with her, very extraordinary and non "normal" i guess. I mightve jumped the gun with the whole thing though. I started talking with her about 2-3 weeks ago. We text sometimes don't really talk at school. But skype most of the time. Should i start off by texting her, not skyping. What could i do to improve our conversations overall? I need them to be like bright i guess, last girlfriend i had was very interesting. So much in common. But i am not sure how it started. We have a lot in common but its just not "sparking" I guess. Did i jump the gun or something? Its alot i know. So how could this relationship into a very bestfriend one. I looked up many things on how to keep conversations interesting. But all of it is like, reflect on your childhood or whats your favorite show. If someone understands please help. SOS -arlie

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 10:43 pm
Oy, as they say.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:28 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Jesus Christ is another point of view.

Can anyone just talk any more?
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 18 May, 2015 11:59 pm
@ossobuco,
It seems not, Oss.

Like most of us pre-electronic gadgetry people here, I used to spend hours and hours talking about anything and everything with my mates.
Politics, girls, motorbikes, cars, war, parents, sex, music, home life, puberty, TV, school, embarrassing stories, funny stories, telling jokes, general gossip..... you name it, we discussed it.

Memorable moments.

1. A group of us lying on our backs in the local park on a hot summers evening, listening to one of the first plays of Starman by David Bowie on some pirate radio station and discussing if there was anything out there.
All of a sudden a bright green meteorite shot overhead, making a loud ripping noise as it went.
We immediately all shat ourselves and ran for cover in the nearby bicycle shelter, as if a piece of corrugated iron would protect us.
The following day we read in the paper that it had crashed somewhere in Ireland. Working out the direction on a compass later on, it was definitely what we saw.

2. Discussing politics.
Real indepth discussions/arguments about the difference between the Labour and Conservative parties. Why large Unions were going out on strike. Were they right or wrong to do so. Wage controls, even though none of us were old enough to work at that time. The extortionate supertax, driving the Beatles and Stones etc out of Britain.
Do kids ever discuss such stuff nowadays?

3. Humour.
This is what I remember most from my formative years. The laughing. Every day something would happen to someone, or a subject for conversation would strike up that was incredibly funny, and we would all end up roaring with laughter.

There's a lot to be said for leaving the phones and tablets at home when you're young and just lying on your backs in the park, looking up at the stars.
I'm glad I was born when I was.
FBM

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:13 pm
@Lordyaswas,
"Let all the children boogie."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:18 pm
@arliek,
What do you talk about when you see her in person?
arliek

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
Usually normal stuff. Dont see her a lot that shes not in most of my periods. What ever comes up I say, or say 1 joke we had. Really much it.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 08:54 pm
@arliek,
Maybe you want to read a book together and discuss it, or just an online article about teenagers who lost the art of small talk due to modern technology.
The internet is a wealth of information - get some topic that seems interesting for your age group and start discussing it. Where does she stand politically?
Does she have any interests, hobbies etc. where you can start talking about?

There are millions of topics, especially for teenagers - choose one! My 19 year old has always something to talk about, especially with her friends.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 23 May, 2015 12:16 pm
@arliek,
Quote:
So how could this relationship into a very bestfriend one.

It might help if you actually spent more time together, just talking about general things, like TV shows or movies you like, or don't like, and why, the sort of music you enjoy, and things the two of you might like to do together in the coming weeks. Invite her to go for a cup of coffee, or to get some ice cream, so you have a chance to sit and talk face-to-face, and get to know each other a little better, and see if you can find some interests in common, or discover something about each other you didn't know before.

Best friend relationships need time to build and develop. You might well find things "sparking" more if the two of you weren't always communicating via electronic screens and if you were actually sharing some experiences together--like watching a movie or sporting event together, going to a museum or concert together, going out for lunch together, walking around a mall together etc--all of which would give you both loads of things to observe, think about, talk about, and share. The more time you spend together, the better you will know each other and the more relaxed and comfortable and natural and really personal your conversations with each other are likely to become--because that's how things develop between "very best friends."

So, I'd just give it more time, spend more time together, and engage in more types of activities together. That will also give you much more to text about and talk about when the two of you do connect on Skype.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Girlfriends
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:21:36