my boyfriend and i are looking for a place to live for no more than $500

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 04:30 pm
I am 18 and he is 20, he works and makes about $400 or more a month and is in collage, i on the other hand is still looking for a job and is planning on going to collage in the future. Right now we're deciding to move out on our own to be together more and help our relationship BUT we don't know where to start looking for a place to live for awhile with his budget not adding the food. I'm trying to get out my house ASAP! Does anybody have a answer to this
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,394 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 05:52 pm
@Lexymikell18 ,
Not knowing where on the planet you live, I have Googled and found you places to live in Detroit for under $500/month.
http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Michigan/Detroit/any-500-price-range-4ji/

Personal safety not guaranteed.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:23 pm
@Lexymikell18 ,
My advice is to cut back on the dope intake. Fantasy is fine, but only so long as you understand that it is fantasy.
0 Replies

Lexymikell18

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:45 pm
@jespah,
Thank you so very much,
I'm in SC though Sad
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 08:59 pm
@Lexymikell18 ,
You might find a one room shack in the mountains with no running water and an outhouse for that price.

try this site
http://www.apartments.com/greenville-sc/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:10 pm
How about finding a job taking care of an apartment complex, like groundskeepers? I've seen ads where they give you your apt as part of the deal.

And no, don't ask me where I've seen this. I'm just giving an example.
chai2

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 09:18 pm
@chai2,
Oh, how are you going to live in a place for $500, if he only makes $400 and you're not working.

First, you need to sit down and write out a budget for the following:

Rent (moving into a place ususally requires first, last and security, so 3 months rent upfront)
Utilities, like electric and heat
Your cell phones
Food for 2 people
Transportation....cars which may include car payments, would include gas, insurance, maintenance. Or public transportation.
Do you expect to have cable TV?
Clothes, entertainment, birth control....I'd say that's a must right now....Birth Control!

I don't know that your moving in together is going to help your relationship at this point, considering the stress you'll have of not having enough money to survive.

However, this is an opportunity for both of you to figure out realistically what it would take to live on your own.

0 Replies