Human life from a blind man's perspective

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 12:57 am
Yo, I'm NOAH. Do blind people take life as serious as most? The example is video games. Depending on how realistic and life-like the graphics are in a video game, determines how immersed someone is with it. If its highly pixelated, taking nostalgia away as a factor, it seems people feel less empathetic towards the characters. Due to a blind man's lack of sight, is the world not interpreted as seriously as most people take it? It isa common trait for people who are not blind to cover their eyes when they see something unpleasant. Will his other senses such as taste, smell and touch take place of those brain areas, making him approach life in the same way as "normal?" What is your opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 691 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 01:35 am
How amusing for you to toy with this question!

I've one blind eye, the other ok. I have near zero sense of smell. I've a great deficit in hearing and cannot afford hearing aids. Are you excited yet? Can you work up a video game for me? Why the **** would you think people with deficits wouldn't take life seriously? Are you missing a brain?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:17 am
@Ramenlover7,
It's hard for me to believe you took any time wording your query, so I'm going to assume your words were ill-chosen.
Quote:
Do blind people take life as serious as most?

Just for the sake of discussion, I'm going to change your question's wording:
"Do blind people take physical threat or dangerous situations as seriously as most?"

Yes, they do.
0 Replies