random and "savage" thoughts while driving

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 10:02 pm
I know. There was one restaurant outside Zion Nat'l Park that I visited that had a critter in a box. The owner of the restaurant came over and told us about the animal (I can't remember what he said it was) and then brought the box over. He fumbled with the lock with one hand while he filled a puppet with the other hand. He finally got the lock undone and the door open - Boo!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 08:04 am
heeheeheeheeheeheehee . . . they cowboy types have gotten a lot of mileage out of the jack-a-lope . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 08:27 am
eeyep
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 09:22 am
BBB
Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam
Where the deer and the antelope play,
Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

Home, home on the Range;
Where the deer and the antelope play;
Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word,

Where the air is so pure and the zephyrs so free
And the breezes so balmy and light
That I would not exchange my home on the range
For all of the cities so bright

Home, home on the Range;

How often at night when the heavens are bright
With the light of the glittering stars
I stand there amazed and I ask as I gaze
Does their glory exceed that of ours?

Home, home on the Range;
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:04 pm
"Oh give me a home, where the buffalo roam
Where the deer and the cantaloupe play..."

"AL-VIIIIN!!!!"

(Sorry, BBB. That brought back fond childhood memories of Alvin & the Chipmunks....I couldn't resist! Laughing )
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 02:18 pm
the onliest bridge that skeered me on the way to Dinver was the Canon City swingin bridge. I forgot its name . I hope its still there.
edgar--snappin turtles are a might chewey, I rather like them little snack turtles, the eastern Bog turtle, mighty fine.

Dys, Im gonna have to send you some fossil locations , you might like finding some nice little dinos in the Morrison Formation.Theres plenty of outcropps and exposed boney layers

They put fences on the NE extension of the Pa Turnpike, ostensibly to keep the deer off the hiway. Deer can jump about 6 ft with no runny. so, the NE extension of the PA turnpike is one of the greatest wildlife ecology roads around. Colleges just go around studying road-kill deer and predicting the health of the herd. Can your antelopes jump over those fences?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
that would be the Royal Gorge Bridge and yeppers it's still there.
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/41/20/dyslexiaphotos/2/1.jpg
and this is me at the Morrison fault
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:13 pm
just wanted to call attention to this:

Quote:
We got a lotta snappers around here, farmerman. Ever et one o' them?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:12 pm
Usta be there was horny toads galore in parts of Texas I've lived in. Now, when I drive my pickup truck out Cut ' n' Shoot way or anywhere else, I see nary one. Somebody stampeded them outta here or else murdered them all.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:18 pm
Laughing

patiodog. Im losin my fast ball, went right over my head, till you called it.

Edgar , what you mean little snappers?. Im thinkin turtles....you?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 06:25 pm
We got big and little snapping turtles in abundance. I find their young walking down the sidewalks at the apartments quite frequently.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 04:24 am
T'other day, I'm on Rt 2 (4 lanes, 2+2) just about at I95 (8 lanes) goin' towards Boston, by the Cambridge Reservoir (in Lexington, go figure)... we're all doing about 65 (in a 45 mph zone, mind you... this is Massachussetts folks).

About five cars ahead of me people start panic breaking. Uh oh... see one car get a little sideways...

Well, we may be fast, but fortunately no one in my vicinity is too stupid. No car contact anywhere as we all sit and watch about 20 Canadian Geese and goslings saunter across the road...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 05:16 am
No harbor seals?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2004 09:46 am
(good lord -- horny toads and snappers, big and little, walking the streets of texas.)

(mind -- gutter -- out).
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:44:29