random and "savage" thoughts while driving

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:36 pm
some random and "savage" thoughts while driving across antelope paradise this afternoon. driving back to Colorado from the albaturkey today I stopped to gas up at Las Vegas New Mexico and when I went inside the Shell station to pay up, the young hispanic lady gave me my change and said her few words in english "thank you" and "have a nice day" Now these people have been living in this area for around 400 years and you would think in all that time the INS would have been able to track them all down and ship them back to where they came from, but I digress, anyway, I get back on the interstate and keep an eye out for Don Imus's new red Ford pickup that he got last sat but no sign of him so I watch for the antelope that inhabit this part of the old west in very large numbers and spot a few here and there but none of the large herds I am used to seeing. Having played the "Government Mule" CD for the 3rd time and getting a bit tired of it I turn on the radio. Now out here there ain't much radio to hear especially FM so I flip to AM and pick up some talk radio out of Albuquerque and there is this guy named Michael Savage talking away about how he hates Bill Clinton, gay waiters in San Franciso and most anyone that eats shellfish (especially crab and lobster). Now I readily admit that I don't know diddly about this Michael Savage but before long I am laughing so hard that I am sure my pickup is weaving between lanes so I turn back to FM and pickup NPR and listen to Garrison Keilor talk about how all the protestent christians he knows thrive on Kraft American cheese in the "individually wrapped" packages thrown on to really white bread with bologna. Damn, I am laughing again so hard I have to put the Government Mule CD back on while I cruise over Raton pass through the much needed rain.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:42 pm
I kinda like baloney and pasteurized processed cheese food, but not on that nasty ol' white bread--i used to love fried baloney sammiches in my lunch on my grandmother's home baked bread.

I ain't much on gay shellfish, though . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:43 pm
well yeah, but you'r really weird.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:44 pm
There is that . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:54 pm
and nobody likes you anyway!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:57 pm
Dys - I also get a kick out of seeing antelope off of I-25.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:03 pm
Today I stopped in the middle of the street to pick up a turtle and put it safely out of the way. Rising from gently placing the little cuss at the edge of a puddle I cut my steely glance at the landscape for a sign of antelope. Nope. None here in Tomball at all. Hmm. How about caribou and buffalo? Nope again. However, I did see a runned over armadillo last week. It was across from Spinzer's Grocery store.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:10 pm
ever try turtle jerky ed? dont knock what you aint tried>

which of the imi you talking about?

you dont like rt 64?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:13 pm
I-25 sucks, I much prefer NM 84 up from Sante Fe through Espanola to Taos--don't know what it's called in the State of Caulifower . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:17 pm
actually farmerman, just off rt 64 and a bit north of Taos is my nun gone bad's (Diane) favorite spot-the rio grande gorge bridge.
http://www.brooksstreetinn.com/images/bridge.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:19 pm
I have a terrible fear of heights, so although i enjoyed the visit, it was a case of edging close to the rim of the gorge, looking over, and then running back to the car . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:24 pm
We got a lotta snappers around here, farmerman. Ever et one o' them?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:24 pm
Heeeeyyy, I white water rafted down the river right there, Dys. I adore that place. Along the way are little natural jaccuzis and people do (or used to) bungee jump off that bridge. There's a little restaurant/bar at Dixon on the way back down from Taos to Santa Fe where some friends used to play music. What a trip those days were.

I never NEVER saw any antelope.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:25 pm
well actually Set the last time we were there (April) we were in the Porsche and I think she was more afraid of getting back in the car with me then the view down into the gorge.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:26 pm
Level-headed woman . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:31 pm
New Mexico antelope off the I-25:
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~butch/antelope.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:43 pm
Well, let me rephrase. I've seen pix before, just not the real thing. At least, not close enough distinguish details. They sure are pretty.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:44 pm
Yes, but not nearly to startling as the wiley jack-a-lope . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:46 pm
I have seen those jackelopes, but none alive. Seems that restaurantuers have hunted them into extinction.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:51 pm
Just another roadside attraction . . .
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » random and "savage" thoughts while driving
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:28:40