Righting wrongs.....

EWTN

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 12:46 am
You don't have to beat me up I'm doing enough of that to myself. Back in 1996, I purchased a life insurance policy. When asked if I smoked, I said no...I also didn't offer up the fact that I was a smokeless tobacco user. From the issue of that policy in May 96 at the age of 24 until now has been almost 19 years. I am certain the only reason I didn't own up to these habits was from pure embarrassment and not the lower premiums that would entail. I should add that at that time...the smoking was very minimal and not something I considered to be a problem since I did it very little and had no long term plans to continue...but to just have an occasional one to calm my nerves. I feel fairly certain that I haven't smoked a cigarrette since the end of 96. All that being said...I feel really bad for being so dishonest and it really surprises me now looking back at how it didn't bother me at the time. I was a new Christian back then and I don't say that as an excuse but it's amazing how as a Christian your conscience will grow more tender as you get older and you wouldn't dream of doing some of the things you did when you were younger. Anyway, I'm basically just getting this off my chest....and I plan to, this week, speak with my insurance agent and apologize and come clean about it all. I may lose my policy but the most important thing to me is making this right. Smokeless tobacco is still a problem for me and I continue to get stuck in the cut back phase....that is the case now as a matter of fact and I know I have to get rid of it to please God. Thank you for reading. Does anyone know of similar stories or maybe some encouraging words as I move forward with this? Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,205 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 01:26 am
@EWTN,
Maybe I'm not up to your standards, but I wouldn't give the whole thing a moment of my time. Maybe you used some form of tobacco in 1996, and maybe you didn't. Surely they are not updating their questions on a yearly basis. Your honesty is not in question, so just let it go.
0 Replies