A Mystical Experience with the Son of God [Jesus Christ]

Patches

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:01 am
@mesquite,
Here it is.

0 Replies

FBM

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:10 am
https://michaelsherlockauthor.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/12-painful-facts-about-christianity-2/

Quote:
12 Painful Facts About Christianity
Posted on November 26, 2014 by michaelsherlockauthor
Fact 1: The earliest gospel (Mark) was written over a generation (40 years) after the alleged death of Jesus and subsequently fails the historical test of contemporaneity. (1)

Fact 2: Of the 662 verses in the Gospel of Matthew, 612 were plagiarised from the Gospel of Mark (or “Mark’s” source). (2)

Fact 3: The gospels were written by anonymous authors and later falsely attributed to authors who did not write them, nor were these anonymous authors eyewitnesses, with two of gospels, John (See John 21:24) and Luke, (See Luke 1:1-4) specifically stating that they were not eyewitnesses to Jesus. (3)

Fact 4: The gospels contain forgeries, contradictions and errors. (4)

Fact 5: The four gospels were not selected as Scripture until 180 CE (approx.) (5)

Fact 6: There are no first century witnesses outside of the corrupt and biased gospels that attest to the earthly existence of Jesus Christ, but for a forged passage in the work of the Jewish Historian, Josephus (Testamoniam Flavium), and a second reference in that same compromised work, which is also suspect and in no way represents a specific reference to the Jesus of the gospels. (6)

Fact 7: Almost all of the myths and moral philosophies attributed to Jesus can be found in earlier mythologies, held by people that were proximate to the lands in which the gospels first arose. (7)

Fact 8: Most of the earliest Christians believed that Jesus was either a phantom (non-human apparition) or a completely human Jewish rabbi. (8)

Fact 9: Christianity only rose to power due to its blatant disregard for its own Scripture, meaning, it aligned itself with a psychotic “pagan” emperor, Constantine, who boiled his wife in a hot tub, murdered his son and executed his co-emperor, and he merely used Christianity to solidify his political ambitions (sole emperorship), evidenced by the fact that he continued to practice his pagan faith and mint his coins with Mithras (pagan sun-god), long after his alleged conversion. (9)

Fact 10: The sect of Christians that aligned themselves with Constantine became known as the Catholic (Universal) Church and their chief historian, Eusebius, re-wrote Christian history to present a false picture that favored his sect and made it look like his group’s theology, found in our four gospels, was always the dominant and original form, when such was not likely the case. (10)

Fact 11: For the majority of its history (4th Century ~ 19th Century), Christianity has been a violent religion, which, like a deadly virus, has taken over its hosts and killed in order to spread. (11)

Fact 12: When Christianity had temporal authority, it was just as brutal as Islam. The only reason we see more psychotic behavior from religious nuts in Islamic countries today, versus Western countries, is because the West has become increasingly secularized. (12)

References

Paul. J. Achtemeier. Harper-Collins Bible Dictionary Revised Edition. Harper Collins, (1989). p. 653; John Barton and John Muddiman. The Oxford Bible Commentary. Oxford University Press. (2001). p. 886.
Patches

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:16 am
@FBM,
This Christian thread is not for bashing on Christianity.
FBM

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:17 am
@Patches,
Typical. Your church and your religion are big on suppressing freedom of speech, as well as damn near every other freedom. How about addressing the facts I posted?
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:23 am
I love the way atheists claim, in the atheist threads, that atheists do not go into religious threads to do battle.

Yeah~ Sure!
Patches

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:30 am
@FBM,
How about you starting another thread. This is a Christian thread and is not for bashing Christianity.
FBM

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:37 am
@Patches,
Nah. Reckon not. I'll combat ignorance, superstition, Bronze Age mythology and passive child abuse enablers wherever I find them. Thanks for the offer, though. Very Christian of you. But I'll just hang on to my freedom of expression, if you don't mind. Or even if you do. Wink Still no response to the facts I posted? Don't care for them very much, I gather...
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 8 May, 2015 09:42 am
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11188477_911328702223836_1548400461573940688_n.jpg
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 10:03 am
@FBM,
At least religion doesn't pretend it is otherwise.

Atheists want to pretend their "beliefs" not those things.

Funny atheists.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 8 May, 2015 12:59 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
This Christian thread is not for bashing on Christianity.
But you sully Christianity with your spuriious claims.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Poor atheists!
Snivel. Sad Crying or Very sad
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:05 pm
@neologist,
They do what you do, Neo. They make a guess about the REALITY...and convince themselves that their guess has to be correct.

I do not fathom why so many people are afraid to simply say, "I do not know if there are gods or not."

Doing so would be truthful and unassailable.

So...why?
neologist

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I wasn't speaking about belief/guess/bias systems, but rather the caterwauling wimpouts exhibited by some. Present company excluded.
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:29 pm
@neologist,
I WAS speaking about belief/guess/bias systems...which, although atheists head in the opposite direction, are identical in form to the belief/guess/bias systems of theists.

This does not apply to all atheists. Many atheists are really just agnostics who prefer the designation "atheist"...although many pretend to be that kind of atheist, but really are just "believers" that "there are no gods" or "it is far more likely there are no gods than that there are."

They do caterwaul, though. Almost every atheist thread becomes possessive. Atheists just do not want certain people attacking them in what they refer to as "atheist threads." Mostly, they do not want agnostics attacking them. Theists are welcome to do so...because theists stick their jaws out during a bout.

Against theists...atheists have so many strong arguments. Against agnostics...it all dissolves.

There are some atheists here whom I like very, very much. It bothers me to make my arguments because I want to exclude them from the thrust of what I am saying. But ya can't. Atheism is the same problem for humanity that theism is. They just do not realize it.

edgarblythe

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank is a deist attempting to hide under the guise of agnostic.
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Nah...not at all.

I am an agnostic through and through...although as I have often mentioned, I prefer to describe my agnosticism rather than be content with the label.

I do not know if there is a GOD or if there are gods;
I do not know if there are no gods;
I see no reason to suspect gods CANNOT EXIST;
I see no reason to suspect that gods MUST EXIST...that they are needed to explain existence;
I do not see enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess in either direction...

...so I don't.

No deism there at all, Edgar.

Is there anything about that statement of my agnosticism that you think you cannot live with?

0 Replies

neologist

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Are you certain you are not just guessing Laughing
Frank Apisa

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:42 pm
@neologist,
He's not guessing. He's just trying to be insulting to my agnosticism.

He's a good guy...but hung up on atheism. He's as true to it as you are to the Jehovah's Witnesses!
neologist

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:47 pm
@FBM,
I hate to say this, but you and Patches have one galling trait in common:
The reliance on offsite links and questionable research of others.

Surely, you must have learned something from these research jaunts. Put it in your own words and cite their relevant statistics. I've found that, when you do that, you find the flaws you may not have noticed in a cut and past reading.
Smileyrius

Fri 8 May, 2015 01:54 pm
@neologist,
It is a little like religious/irreligious pokemon battles

I CHOOSE YOU JOSEPHUSCHU!

Josephuschu Badoufs MarkTwainasaur. neither are affected.
0 Replies