Can You Help Me Find A Book?

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:10 am
I've searched for ages for a certain book, but I can't find it!
Please help. Has anyone ever heard of British Albion by Keith Waterhouse, and do they know where I can purchase it.
Amazon.com has never heard of it and neither has Fullertons, the book search. It is probably out of print.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:22 am
Barnes & Nobel doesn't list it on the used book page and I suspect that either the author or the title is wrong.

If you're in the NY city area, why not have a librarian do a search for you. They might have it on their shelves, there.
0 Replies

canucme

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:35 am
I also could not find anything on the author nor the title, check to make sure the spelling is right and also you have the right author.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 07:41 am
Thanks for your help! The title and author are right, but the books seems not to exist any more. I will try a librarian search in my area (London), but I may have to write to Keith Waterhouse. Do you know what British newspaper he works for?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:03 pm
I'm sorry, but I don't know.

Have you done a Google search?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:22 pm
I saw a reference that Waterhouse worked for the Daily Mirror and Punch.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 03:08 pm
Thanks. I will try the Daily Mirror, but report back if it comes to nothing!
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 04:52 pm
You want Office Life by Keith Waterhouse:
"Clement Gryce knows there is something strange about his workplace, British Albion; will he expose the idiocies of commercial bureaucracy?"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 05:36 pm
Eos is right.

dustybooks wrote:
F0 222. Waterhouse, Keith. Office Life, Michael Joseph, 1978.
a lampooning mystery novel: Clement Gryce knows there is something strange about his workplace, British Albion; will he expose the idiocies of commercial bureaucracy?
hbk, d/w, 236 pp, ex-lib, slight wear and tear to laminated cover. Very Good. £3.50 / $6
This description is from dustybooks and you can buy it here. I've never bought a book there, so I can't recommend them.

Amazon wants $55 for it. Shocked

So I'd probably buy it from Abe. He has them starting at $3.78 and I'm quite comfortable recommending this site.
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2004 06:54 pm
www.alibris.com

www.gentlyusedbooks.com
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2004 03:10 pm
Barnes&Noble has it for $10.96.

Buy it online.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 03:35 pm
Thank you very much, all of you. I was buying this book for my Dad, who was so convinced it was called British Albion. I had totally forgotten about this post until today, and I just decided to check back. My Dad will be overjoyed when I give it to him for his birthday. Thank you so much.
0 Replies