Finding Industrial Output or Manufacturing Stats For Different Nations in Dollars

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:14 am
I am looking for either output of the manufacturing sector or industrial output in real terms, such as dollars, pounds, euros. I'm not fussy which, lol. I went to tradingeconomics.com, normally a great site, but all I got was charts with percent up or down, or indexes. The same for other sites on an internet search. I've even seen charts which had a graph, but no references as to the actual values the line represents. Extremely frustrating. I am trying to compare the actual output of the top five countries, or top ten if possible, in actual terms-not percentage up or down for each country. I've been out of school for decades, this is not an assignment, this is for my own knowledge. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 560 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2015 11:33 am
@Blickers,
The first place I'd look would be the World Factbook:
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
Blickers

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:45 pm
@Ragman,
Actually, that turned out to be excellent advice. I went there and while they did not have the exact stat I was looking for I internet searched on a phrase they used to describe industrial output. That internet search led to a pdf with the chart below, which is just what I needed:
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah279/LeviStubbs/Manufacturing%20leading%20countries%20stats_zpsxje9sfqe.jpg

Much thanks for your good advice.
0 Replies