Hello to all

canucme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 03:43 pm
Hello, my name is AJ and am new to this site. I would appreciate any help on how to get around in here. Let me introduce myself properly, I am a mother of two teenage sons, and a widow. My youngest son is disabled, and I stay home to care for him. I love to read and write, though I have never shared any of my writings with anyone. Soon though, soon.. I found this site while looking for some help in writing a poem for my 63 year old mother who is about to leave us to become anything and everything, her fight with cancer is almost won.. I am not good at poetry at all, and before she leaves this earth, I would like to read something to her that she can take with her on her journey, if only I knew how and where to start,,, I hope to get some good suggestions here. I will also state that on my honor as a lady, any suggestions I get or borrowed poems is only for a fool of a daughter to read to her beautiful mother, and nothing more. I am glad to be here and hope to meet quite of few of you soon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,787 • Replies: 24
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:09 pm
Welcome. First word of advice. Stay away from that Gustavratzenhoefer guy. He's dangerous. Possibly the most dangerous poster on A2K.

Other than that, check out the original writing forum. I'm sure you'll find something interesting there. If you create a new thread with a poem or pieces of a poem, people here are very helpful and VERY intelligent, so you will get excellent critiques on anything you write.

Good luck, kid.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:14 pm
Welcome. Stay away from that kickycan guy. He's a screw-ball. Possibly the screwiest ball on this forum. Oh and he emulates (like how I got the 'emu' in there?) Gus. I think they are a couple but won't admit it.

I like the fact that kicky thinks he is on a forum of helpful and very intelligent people. We have him fooled!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:17 pm
Oh, I forgot to mention everything that Heeven says is a lie. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:18 pm
Welcome canuc me, avoid every man in this forum with exception of me and Slappy Doo Hoo.

We know what girls like, and we are full of love.

I too have a disabled son. He's a joy.

Welcome to cyber land, where we are all rich, thin, and good looking.
0 Replies

canucme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:22 pm
thanks all for the quick reply, I can see that this is going to be a great ride!!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:29 pm
Welcome,

As you can see, we are a fun-loving, friendly intelligent bunch. Well ... most of us are. I happen to be bitter and hate-filled. The rest of them are filled with love and you can probably get by just by avoiding me...

Seriously, I am sorry to hear about your mother. I know this is a difficult time as I recently lost my grandmother who I loved dearly to cancer. Leaving her with a poem sounds like a beautiful idea.

You will find good people here who are very supportive. Feel free to post your poetry or your thoughts.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:29 pm
Hola! Smile
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:31 pm
Hola! That's it? Where's the poem? The intelligent, good-looking stuff? The chocolate-dipped strawberries? Oop, time to go - grocery aisle beckons.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:33 pm
Canucme

save yourself....

run like the wind

now

i beg you
0 Replies

canucme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:38 pm
Re: Hello to all
canucme wrote:
Hello, my name is AJ and am new to this site. I would appreciate any help on how to get around in here. Let me introduce myself properly, I am a mother of two teenage sons, and a widow. My youngest son is disabled, and I stay home to care for him. I love to read and write, though I have never shared any of my writings with anyone. Soon though, soon.. I found this site while looking for some help in writing a poem for my 63 year old mother who is about to leave us to become anything and everything, her fight with cancer is almost won.. I am not good at poetry at all, and before she leaves this earth, I would like to read something to her that she can take with her on her journey, if only I knew how and where to start,,, I hope to get some good suggestions here. I will also state that on my honor as a lady, any suggestions I get or borrowed poems is only for a fool of a daughter to read to her beautiful mother, and nothing more. I am glad to be here and hope to meet quite of few of you soon.
To the Two that gave me Life and to the One who set me free, My Heart belongs to Thee :wink: !
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:38 pm
Hello canucme and welcome to A2K. There are some wonderful poets here on this site. I just don't happen to be one of them!
0 Replies

canucme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
sorry guys just tried to add in a quote and it sent the whole introduction again,,, ooops!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:42 pm
AJ- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Unfortunately, most of our members are either out campaigning for the presidential candidate of their choice, or contemplating their navels. So that the site would not become dormant, and terribly boring, the powers-that-be have contracted with various and sundry jails, prisons, and psychiatric institutions, where inmates may take up the slack with their pithy writings. I think that you have already met some of these folks.

I think that it is a lovely idea that you have about the poem. I think that you are a wonderful, caring daughter!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:42 pm
Well, I'm sorry Canucme, but that won't stand. You will have to leave now. You're kicked off A2K! Go on, get out! :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
Calm down, kickycan. We don't want to scare our new member. And put those clothes back on! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

canucme

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:50 pm
okay, okay, you caught me I am a virgin when it comes to this stuff, I give you my word that I will study this site until I know it like the back of my eye lids! Laughing Thanks you all for the kind words and great humor, it does my heart good.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:53 pm
Hey, welcome canucme. :-D Best to you and your mother.

Sheesh, kicky, you'll put someone's eye out!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:54 pm
Okay, okay, Canucme, you can stay.

Now will somebody please help me find my pants!?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 04:56 pm
Welcome, Canucme.

Re the poem - what a lovely idea.

I am wondering if listing your mother's most outstanding qualities - good and bad (I don't think dying - which I THINK you indicate is what is happening to your mother?????? - precludes fun and games - unless she is a very serious and fragile person) and maybe some of the funniest stories from her life, and some of the loveliest - and the things you most treasure that you learned from her, might help you begin to get your thinking organised for your poem - even if you leave almost all of those things out! Got photos and such to remind you>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hello to all
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 11:15:01