Netscape with A2K help

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2004 08:35 pm
Upon someone's suggestion, I've started using Netscape. There are a few problems, though.

Here on A2K, I have to LOG IN everytime I want to post a thread or response to a thread. This in spite of the fact that I check the "log in automatically" box and also have Netscape 6 memorize the name/password.

This is extremely frustrating, of course.

Another problem I'm having is that with Netscape, the text in the pages run off to the right so that I have to scroll sideways to view them. In IE this was never a problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

General Tsao
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Thok

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:58 pm
have you still the problems? Which Netscape version?

Maybe you try it with the similar Mozilla Suite www.mozilla.org
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:04 am
Yep. Still problems. The biggest aggravation is having to log in every time I click a link.

I have the newest Netscape 6.1.

I'll look into Mozilla, though I have no idea what it is.

Thanks,

General Tsao
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:53 pm
No, 7.1 is the latest Netscape Browser http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp

or try it with Mozilla. www.mozilla.org Also a browser with Mail and chat programs.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 11:45 pm
Re: Netscape with A2K help
GeneralTsao,

Re: log in problems for some reason your cookies are not being recognized. I can't recall the exact steps to check by memory but a netscape user might (I don't have it installed on this puter).

Check to see if A2K cookies are allowed.

Re: display

Is there a sidebar or something making less screen width available to the page?

If not, try increasing the resolution, maybe the program itself uses a lil more than IE (I do not recall from memory).
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:33 pm
Thok wrote:
No, 7.1 is the latest Netscape Browser http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/default.jsp

or try it with Mozilla. www.mozilla.org Also a browser with Mail and chat programs.

Gee, I just downloaded Netscape 2-3 weeks ago! Now they've already updated! Hey, my local McDonald's has a drive-thru. Have you seen a Drive-thru at a McDonald's?

Smile

I'll look into Mozilla. Thanks very much.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 03:36 pm
Re: Netscape with A2K help
Craven de Kere wrote:
GeneralTsao,

Re: log in problems for some reason your cookies are not being recognized. I can't recall the exact steps to check by memory but a netscape user might (I don't have it installed on this puter).

Check to see if A2K cookies are allowed.

Re: display

Is there a sidebar or something making less screen width available to the page?

If not, try increasing the resolution, maybe the program itself uses a lil more than IE (I do not recall from memory).

Craven, I'll see if I can find the cookies thing. And regarding the window size, everything is normal. I have a 19" monitor, and resolution is set to 1024 x 768. Just for some reason, the blue background on this site goes wayyyyyy to the right and beyond the border of the window. The text on the blue background flows off with it, of course.

General Tsao
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
I'm on a computer with Netscape 7.0 right now and can't duplicate your problem.

Dunno what to tell ya.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:28 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I'm on a computer with Netscape 7.0 right now and can't duplicate your problem.

Dunno what to tell ya.

Great. You know, I'm sick of all the computer problems I have. I have so many problems, they named one after me: General Failure.

General Tsao
0 Replies