Chicken wings - your own or from a restaurant (cafe, bar, whatever)

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:00 pm
Which are your favorite?

I was browsing the San Francisco Weekly, which I do once in a while even though I live far away, and ran across this guy's review for a sort-of-fast food place I'd never heard of, called Wingstop.

http://www.sfweekly.com/imager/b/blog/3471900/6ed8/Unknown.jpeg?cb=1426181559

I don't know about healthy, but they look tasty. Fun review, http://www.sfweekly.com/foodie/2015/03/12/fast-food-connoisseur-i-think-i-love-wingstop-more-than-my-wife

Anyone been there? Apparently they're quite a chain now, and cook the food to order.

Other places you like, or don't like, with similar or very different kinds of wings?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 704 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I love the Buffalo wings at a mini-chain (5 or 6 locations) called Gabby's up here, especially if I can convince them to sub me the apple chipotle sauce as the dipping sauce on the hot wings. Usually it's the same dipping sauce as the sauce they're errrrr sauced in.

Gotta be veggie sticks and blue cheese dip on the side.

I don't want bread or potatoes or anything carby when I'm having wings.

Dry cider if they've got it on tap when we're there and I'm having wings. Otherwise ginger ale is good with wings.

yum

love Buffalo wings

if I make wings at home, I bake them instead of frying them. I use vinegar and Frank's hot sauce when they're cooking and then an apple butter bbq sauce as the mop

tasty stuff

ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2015 10:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I bake mine too, and fool around with different coatings, sometimes including the old lemon chicken thing (garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, oil). Usually something different every time.

Just figured out there is a Wingstop here in Abq., will probably try it. Those look "over coated" to me, but I'd still like to try them. Apparent they have eleven kinds of sauces..
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 07:57 pm
We have an easy recipe for a sweet sorta wings .. ingredients very basic but tasty .. brown sugar, cider vinager, garlic powder, ginger, soy sauce, water and you soak for two days.... then bake or grill. Easy and tasty.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2015 08:00 pm
@Linkat,
I've no clue about soaking.. tell more, Link.
Linkat

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 02:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I mix all the ingredients and then either have the wings in a big bowl or storage bag - pour the sauce over the wings and let them soak for 24 hours or more.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2015 03:33 pm
@Linkat,
I'll try that. I probably have, even, but at some point a while ago, I got tired of soy sauce. (Me, tired of soy sauce?) Some kind of soy sauced whole chicken put me off - for a while. I'm getting interested again.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Chicken wings - your own or from a restaurant (cafe, bar, whatever)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:32:47