Eureka

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:03 pm
dogged diligence pays off. I finally located the short story that I have searching out for years:

"How Beautiful With Shoes"
Writer: Wilbur Daniel Steele

A story about Amarantha, a beautiful young girl from the "Hill Folk" who is kidnapped by an escaped mental patient. Through

him she hears her first poetry because the man is also a student of great literature. The title originates from the Bible: "How

beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O Prince's daughter. How fair is thy love. How much better thy love than wine…"

sorry about the disjointed cut and past. DON"T CARE!

Keep searching and eventually..........................................
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 928 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:14 pm
and a special thanks to Mikey and Phoenix who tried their best.

Thanks, yawl
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:59 pm
congrats letty, it's been like what? a year or more now since you've been looking for that.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:55 pm
Mikey, actually, it's been longer than that. The reason that I was so captivated by this short story, is because it describes so many of us. Once we have tasted certain wines, Kool aid is no longer enough. The young girl in the story could never be satisfied with her old life again, and therein lies the sadness.

Thanks, Mikey.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:27 am
Letty- Wow! That must give you a lot of satisfaction, after all this time.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:30 am
Hey, Phoenix. Right! One problem still, however. I never heard of the author. No wonder this piece was difficult to find.
0 Replies