What were some of your favorite pranks from yesteryear?

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:15 pm
I remember one prank in particular. Near my house there was a sharp bend on the road that ran alongside the lake. On one side of the road was a steep hill which climbed about 30 feet to the top. On the other side of the road was a very thin strip of land (six feet) and then the lake, which happened to be very deep in that section.

Here's what we did: We secured a cable to a tree branch on top of the hill and the other end to the branch of a tree in the thin strip on the other side of the road.

Once secured the cable was approximately eight feet above the road.

Then, we made a very realistic dummy with a pulley hooked to its head. It was designed in such a fashion as to appear to be running, arms and legs extended.

We'd always do this at night, of course, to further enhance the deception because of the dim lighting. (Rainy nights worked exceptionally well because the cars couldn't brake properly)

Once everything was in place, we'd sit and wait. Approaching headlights. Timing was everything. As soon as the car entered the blind curve we'd release the dummy. The driver would come around the corner and there, in his headlights, a person was racing across the road.

If the release of the dummy was timed perfectly the car would slam into the dummy before the driver had time to hit the brakes. The expressions on the car occupants was priceless.

Also, if the driver had lightning-quick reactions he would swerve to miss the body and plunge into the lake. We would hoot and holler and clap each other on the back as the car slowly sunk beneath the surface. Soon only telltale bubbles indicated a car had once been there.

How about your favorite pranks? Care to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,504 • Replies: 47
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:19 pm
I recall once slipping a bus token into the collection pot. I was a reckless youth, getting high on the notion the preacher might discover the deception and send a gang of deacons after me at the end of services.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:21 pm
Well, you beat me again, Edgar.

You are becoming my Waterloo.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:24 pm
One of my best pranks was having sex with my Jr. year French teacher on the sly and having a buddie taking polaroids from the coat closet.

I still like to look at them once in awhile, and find myself from time to time wondering whatever happened to Sister Anna Charles......
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:28 pm
That's not a prank, Bear.

Simply an adolescent urge.

Bless you, son.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:32 pm
That nun was no adolescent!!!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:34 pm
I'm not looking for sins of the flesh, Bear, but rather burning buildings, mutilation, poisoning... that sort of thing.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:41 pm
I used to enjoy going to the park and feeding bread to the ducks until I had their confidence and then slipping them a big old chunk of an Alka Seltzer tablet. The first thing they did natually was get a drink of water and then the fun began.

The year of the Tylenol scare, I bought a big bottle, emptied it and passed out penny candy to the trick or treaters from it.

When we were on the road touring I used to enjoy urinating into the band members shampoo.

My absolute favorite thing though was to **** in the ice machine at whatever hotel we were staying at and then watch the look on the faces of people as they opened the bin to get ice.

That the kind of thing you're looking for?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:48 pm
The only prank I can think of is when you ring someone's doorbell and run. In Detroit everyone called it ______ knocking. That's so politically incorrect! I didn't do it, really.

I'm so boring.
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:51 pm
One kid fell asleep with his head on his desk (back in high school), and all the other kids put their empty coke cans on his upper back. When he woke up, they all crashed to the ground and scared the doo out of him! LOL
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:54 pm
Sometimes at pajama parties people spread chunky peanut butter in the butt crack of the first person to fall asleep.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:56 pm
That reminds me of another prank, Anoxia.

This kid fell asleep with his head on the desk. I got some of these huge nails and pounded his head to the desk.

When he woke up and tried to lift his head, the expression on his face.... hilarious.

The whole class was laughing.
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 06:57 pm
LOL Whatever, gustav!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:03 pm
Quote:
Sometimes at pajama parties people spread chunky peanut butter in the butt crack of the first person to fall asleep.

That's a good one, Cinn. The next pajama party I have, I'm gonna try that.

We used to do something similar. Instead of peanut butter though, we used pizza.

The first person to fall asleep would have several large pizzas placed in and around the butt crack area.

That is a cool prank. Thanks for the reminder.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:55 pm
Ass raping my roomate after he falls asleep. When he wakes up, and is quite startled and pissed at the wiffle ball batt up his cornhole, we all flick on the lights, snap pictures, and yell "ASS RAPE!"

Actually, I used to enjoy stirring it up. There was a street with a sharp bend, and we placed empty trash barrels from the sidewalk onto the street.

Once we were on the side of the highway(my friend's dad's car broke down) and we played "CPR" on my friend. Within minutes a couple ambulances and cop motorcycles showed up.

Friend of mine and his buddies made a realistic dummy, put it in the middle of the street with a knife stuck in it's back...they got caught.

Mailbox baseball. Also used to drive around in my high school sh!tbox and hit empty trash barrells at about 50 mph.

"Lawn shopping." In high school, we'd drive around at night, steal lawn ornaments until we couldn't fit anymore in the car. Then we'd go to an unassuming friend's house, and decorate their lawn. Next day at school was good time.

In college, 5am, drunk, few of us picked up the back of some tiny little car, and swung the ass around 45 degrees, so it was hanging out in the street.

This weird kid we hung out with, his mom was absolutely wacked in the head. Anyway, his house had a switch, outside, that would shut off the power to the whole place. His mom would flip out, she thought the whole city was going to hell.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:04 pm
geez, and all I did was put sugar in the salt shaker.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:17 pm
Whoa little k...you surely went too far with that one!
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:17 pm
Haha! You people are so evil!
A friend of mine pulled a funny, though harmless prank on my ex once. We had this huge, private back yard and we always had keg party cookouts complete with nitrous oxide tanks, plenty of weed and a bunch of drunken friends. Just the kind of thing you don't want strangers barging in on. One time, this guy came over with an "open house" sign he'd grabbed from the front of some other house, and set it up in our front yard. I thought it was hilarious, although my ex had a hissy fit while moving the sign!
Another time, he filled a squirt bottle with yellow food coloring and wrote a message in the snow, from Santa to my kids! They caught on pretty quickly though!
When I moved from the city to the burbs (movin' on up) my oldest sister was so happy for me, and followed us out to the burbs to see our new house. We pulled up to this horrid little old shack with a great big water tank in the front dirt yard. (It was the beginnings of a construction site) It was hilarious to watch her get out of her truch, trying to act like it wasn't a horrible little place. Of course, I stink at keeping a straight face and started cracking up the minute I got out of the car, so she didn't have to suffer for long!
A prank that I enjoyed was while I was living with a mentally ill relative. We watched "Day of the Triffids" (a classic) and it actually scared her! So I found this potted plant and used to constantly move it around her house so that it appeared the plant was following her. She'd come out of the bathroom, and there it would be. She'd pull up her window shade and it would be on the porch roof looking in at her. She'd get out of bed to come downstairs and it would be halfway up the steps... She used to flip out! She told me that her doctor said I should move out, haha.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:21 pm
Ahhhhh, the old "move the plant around and scare the retard" prank.

Keep 'em coming, folks.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:31 pm
That's me: wacky, wild littlek. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What were some of your favorite pranks from yesteryear?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:25:14